Corporate paralegals assist lawyers in all stages of corporate
transactions and with the preparation of documents necessary to
comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys to prepare integral corporate
- Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form
corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations),
partnerships and limited liability companies in any state.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for
amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations,
partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist lawyers with the completion of stock certificates.
Complete franchise tax forms for lawyer review.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients during
closings and corporate transactions.
- Provide lawyers with assistance in the preparation for and
closing of various corporate transactions, including mergers and
acquisitions and initial public offerings.
- Prepare audit letters for distribution to auditors and
- Gather litigation and billing information to prepare draft
responses to auditors' requests for information.
- Assist with SEC Filings.
- Work directly with lawyers to prepare SEC filings with regard
to securities offerings and respond to the requirements of the
Securities Acts of 1933 and 1934 filings.
- Prepare/conduct UCC Filings/Searches.
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of UCC filings and
handle UCC filing search requests in all states.
- Work with Internal Revenue Service.
- Assist with the completion and filing of SS-4 Forms with the
Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of obtaining Employee
Identification Numbers (EINs) for corporations, partnerships and/or
limited liability companies.