Kelley Cornish is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Department and a member of the firm's Management Committee. Kelley represents the full range of participants in bankruptcy cases and corporate restructurings – debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, official and unofficial committees, and acquirors of distressed assets. She also has substantial experience in complex commercial litigation, including bankruptcy-related litigation involving fraudulent transfers, preferences and equitable subordination.
Kelley has served as debtor's counsel to large public and
private companies including:
- AbitibiBowater Inc. (newsprint, specialty
papers and wood products);
- The Warnaco Group (manufacturer and marketer
of apparel, including Speedo/Authentic Fitness and Calvin
- The Penn Traffic Company
(regional food retailer);
- London Fog Industries (manufacturer and
marketer of apparel); and
- Progressive Moulded Products and
American Remanufacturers, Inc. (auto parts
manufacturer and remanufacturer, respectively).
Kelley also has represented creditors' committees and strategic
creditors in matters such as:
- City of Detroit (representing secured creditor
- Energy Future Holdings Corp. (representing ad
hoc committee of TCEH first lien creditors);
- Howrey LLP (AmLaw 100 law firm; representing
secured creditor Citibank);
- Winn Dixie (food retailer; representing ad hoc
- NorthWestern Corporation (utility company;
representing Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors);
- Olympia & York (real estate company;
representing secured lender); and
- New York Racing Association, Inc. (horse
racing franchisee; representing the State of New York).
Kelley was named a 2012 "Client Service All-Star" by BTI
Consulting Group and was listed among the "2-Year MVPs,"
having been named to the list for a second year. Kelley is also
recognized in Chambers USA, Legal 500 and
Who's Who Legal/The International Who's Who of Business
Lawyers as a leading bankruptcy and restructuring lawyer.