Choose Your Own Program
You'll have the opportunity to shape your summer experience at Paul, Weiss. Choose one department to call your home, or select a variety of work from a number of different practice areas. It's up to you.
When you summer with us, we take every opportunity to show you why your work matters and how it will make a difference — whether it's by having you sit in on a merger negotiation, deposition, or conference call, or bringing you to court.
- You'll be matched with a team of lawyers including associates, counsel and partners
- In addition to your team, you'll be paired with a partner and an associate who will provide guidance and advice about your summer work
- You'll receive intensive training in a mix of highly interactive small group trainings, individual skills development workshops and more traditional classroom-style presentations
- You’ll learn about diverse areas of law and practical legal skills. Recent topics include cross-border transactions and litigation; effective legal writing; evolution of a growing business; preparing for the IPO; negotiating a corporate acquisition; introduction to investment funds; negotiation skills; and real-world advocacy writing
- You'll have unlimited opportunities to work on pro bono matters
- From rooftop parties to elegant receptions at partners’ homes, you'll have plenty of opportunities to get to know your fellow summers, firm associates and partners
- Social events will help make the summer memorable, as you’ll enjoy activities such as sunset sails, baseball games, theater productions with world-renowned actors, and the firm's annual MoMA Reception