Gain valuable and real-world legal experience by working
alongside attorneys during all phases of the litigation process,
from the initiation of a case to the discovery period through trial
and post-trial findings and appeals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize documents and coordinate document
- Conduct the Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing
of documents. Set up and maintain files which are organized
chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter. Work with
Practice Support on electronic productions. Under the guidance of
an attorney, categorize documents by subject matter, prepare a
chronology of facts and create production charts.
- Conduct various document searches and factual
- Create and maintain internal case databases, run searches on
internal and external document databases and systems, cull relevant
information from a variety of resources such as newspapers,
magazines, libraries, case documents and trade associations.
- Prepare witness and matter materials for case
- Organize interview memos, digests and other relevant documents
for attorney review and case preparation.
- Prepare for and attend depositions.
- Under attorney supervision, gather and prepare documents
relevant to the deponent, organize exhibits, take notes and handle
exhibits during the deposition and digest transcripts to summarize
highlights of a proceeding.
- Motion practice.
- Pull relevant documents, proofread papers, organize exhibits
and create document indices in the preparation of motion
- Court filings.
- Work with attorneys and the Managing Attorney's Office in the
preparation and filing of all court documents. Create, bind and
distribute both file and courtesy copies. Organize the briefs,
exhibits and appendices.
- Act as liaison among various internal departments as
well as with outside agencies.
- Oversee the progress of documents through litigation support
departments, order transcripts from reporting services and fulfill
requests from outside counsel and others.
- Prepare for and attend trials.
- Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents,
coordinate trial set-up and logistics, assist attorneys in the
courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, and marking documents
referred to by counsel, assist in the preparation of witness
testimony and serve as liaison between trial attorneys and in-house