Data Innovation, Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Learn More
With innovation in data collection and monetization continuing to accelerate and concerns about data protection, privacy and cybersecurity prompting ever-greater global scrutiny, boards and senior executives require sophisticated counsel to assess and navigate risks around the use of customer, business partner or employee data. We help clients establish oversight and compliance frameworks that reduce the potential for large-scale data breaches or cyber incidents, manage and mitigate fast-moving crises when they occur, and respond to related litigation.
Our representative engagements include:
- A Professional Sports League in a number of cyber intrusions, including the hacking of a social media feed.
- Ruby Life Inc. (Ashley Madison) in connection with multi-district class action lawsuits stemming from a highly publicized intrusion and data breach.
- A Publicly Traded Company in an SEC investigation concerning the use of cyberattacks to facilitate insider trading activity.
- An Institution that was a victim of a cyber breach in connection with a criminal investigation being conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and U.S. Secret Service.
- Baidu, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese company, in a successful suit against a New York-based domain name registrar on hot-button issues concerning the security of online businesses.
- A Financial Institution in connection with the implementation of an insider threat program.