Brian Scrivani is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group and Private Equity Group. Brian advises private equity firms and public and private clients, with his practice focusing on leveraged buyouts and other private equity transactions, public company acquisitions, sales and divestitures and mergers-of-equals. Brian also advises boards of directors and special committees on corporate and securities law, fiduciary matters and corporate governance matters, including unsolicited offers, proxy contests and other activist defense matters.
Brian’s recent transactions include representing:
- Apollo Global Management and its portfolio companies in various matters, including:
- in its majority acquisition of ABC Technologies Holdings Inc. from ABC Group Canada
- alongside Hudson Executive Capital in the proposed $2.3 billion acquisition of Cardtronics plc
- its acquisition of a majority interest in Cox Media Group’s broadcast television stations, including the company’s radio, newspaper and TV properties in Ohio, from Cox Enterprises
- in the exclusive negotiations with Alain de Krassny of De Krassny GmbH for the pending sale of the Kem One Group
- in its $338 million take-private acquisition of The New Home Company
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings, a former portfolio company of Apollo, in Pinnacle’s sale to The J.R. Simplot Company
- Rackspace Technology in various transactions and refinancings
- Diamond Resorts International, a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management, in the $1.4 billion sale of Diamond Resorts to Hilton Grand Vacations
- Gamut Capital Management and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation in their pending investment in PS Logistics
- Honeywell in the activist campaign by Third Point
- Kate Spade & Company in its acquisition by Coach, Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company in its proposed acquisition of Unilever
- The special committee of the Pilgrim’s Pride board of directors in its acquisition of Moy Park from JBS
- Qualcomm Incorporated in connection with its successful defense against the unsolicited offer and proxy fight from Broadcom and in the proposed acquisition of NXP Semiconductors
- Searchlight Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in various matters, including Octave Group in its sale of PlayNetwork to Mood Media
Brian has advised numerous private companies and special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) in their initial public offerings, including:
- Acropolis Infrastructure Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its initial public offering of $300 million of units, lead managed by Credit Suisse Securities (USA)
- Clear Secure, Inc., in its $470 million initial public offering of Class A common stock, lead managed by Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Allen & Co and Wells Fargo Securities
- Rackspace Technology in its initial public offering of approximately $700 million of common stock, lead managed by Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and J.P. Morgan
Brian was also involved in numerous notable transactions prior to joining Paul, Weiss, including advising:
- I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its merger of equals with Dow Chemical Company, its proxy contest by Trian Partners, its spin-off of The Chemours Company (DuPont’s performance chemicals business), its sale of DuPont Performance Coatings (k/n/a Axalta, Inc.) to The Carlyle Group, and its acquisition of Danisco A/S by tender offer
- Express Scripts in its acquisition of WellPoint’s NextRx subsidiaries
- Gilead Sciences in its acquisition of Pharmasset
- Landis+Gyr AG in its acquisition by Toshiba Corporation
- News Corporation in its acquisition of Move, Inc.
- Twenty-First Century Fox in the spin-off of News Corporation, its media, entertainment and publishing businesses
Brian was named a 2019 “Rising Star” in M&A by The Deal, and is recognized by The Legal 500 as a recommended practitioner in private equity buyouts.