A counsel in the Corporate Department, David Curtiss focuses his practice on initial public offerings, “follow-on” equity offerings, high-yield debt offerings, SPAC transactions, private preferred equity and PIPE investments, in and out of court restructuring transactions, leveraged buy-outs, and investment grade debt offerings.
Some of David's recent matters include:
Initial Public Offerings
- The underwriters in the initial public offerings of ESM Acquisition Corporation, Orion Acquisition Corp., Crucible Acquisition Corporation, Trepont Acquisition Corp I, FirstMark Horizon Acquisition Corp.*, Replay Acquisition Corp.*, DFB Healthcare Acquisitions Corp.* and Noodles & Company*.
- The issuer in the initial public offerings of Freshpet, Inc.*, Townsquare Media, *, Zoes Kitchen, Inc.*, and Phibro Animal Health Corporation*.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Equity Investments
- Altimar Acquisition Corporation in its pending $12.5 billion merger with Owl Rock Capital Group and the Dyal Capital Partners division of Neuberger Berman Group LLC.
- Credit Suisse as placement agent with respect to:
- pending $2.9 billion three-way merger between Forest Road Acquisition Corp., The Beachbody Company Group, LLC and Myx Fitness Holdings, LLC.
- pending $2.7 billion merger between Berkshire Grey and Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp.
- pending $1.5 billion merger between BlackSky Holdings, Inc. and Osprey Technology Acquisition Corp.
- Apax Partners in its investment in Paycor, a Human Capital Management company.*
- Vista Equity Partners in its investment in Eagleview Technologies, Inc.*
- Micro Focus International plc in its $8.8 billion “Reverse Morris Trust” acquisition of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company’s software business.*
- Misys Limited, a UK-based portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners, in its C$4.8 billion take-private and combination with Canada-based financial technology firm DH Corporation.*
- Cerberus Capital Management in its strategic PIPE investment in Avon Products, Inc.*
- The Blackstone Group in its $820 million PIPE investment in NCR Corporation.*
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in the chapter 11 cases of Intelsat S.A.and its co-debtor affiliates, operator of the world’s largest and most advanced satellite fleet and connectivity infrastructure;
- An ad hoc committee of first-lien noteholders of Roust Corporation, in its Chapter 11 cases.*
- Grifols, S.A.in its multi-tranche offering of €1.675 billion aggregate principal amount of senior secured high-yield notes issued to refinance outstanding indebtedness, consisting of €905 million 1.625% senior secured notes due 2025 and €770 million 2.25% senior secured notes due 2027.*
- Ace Cash Express, Inc.in its $350 million Senior Notes offering.*
- Molson Coors Brewing Company in numerous financings including the offering of senior notes to finance its acquisition of StarBev and SAB Miller’s U.S. operations.*
- Tutor Perini Corporation in connection with its $200 million offering of convertible notes.*
- Acelity L.P., Inc., a portfolio company of Apax Partners, in its $400 million offering and $190 million add-on offering of First Lien senior secured notes.*
- Builders FirstSource, Inc.in its $750 million senior notes offering.*
*at prior firm