Hans-Günther Herrmann is counsel in the Corporate Department and is based in the Hong Kong office. Hans focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions in regulated industries across Asia, and has particular experience in the insurance, telecommunications, information technology and media industries in China.
Selected transactions Hans has been involved in recently include advising:
- The existing shareholders of APM Monaco in their sale of a 30 % shareholding in the company to a consortium of investors led by TPG that also includes China Synergy and Trail;
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia (MSPEA):
- alongside Midas Fund LP, in their NT$9,300,000,000 (US$300 million) acquisition of Microlife Corporation, a Taiwan-listed developer and producer of medical diagnostic equipment;
- in the proposed acquisition of China Network Systems (CNS), Taiwan’s largest cable TV operator;
- in its joint venture with Sihuan Pharmaceutical Holdings Group Ltd. and Euromax Holdings Limited to make direct or indirect controlling investments in hospitals, clinics and other healthcare service assets in China;
- Universal Beijing resort joint venture between Universal Parks & Resorts and Beijing Shouhuan;
- State Grid International Development Limited in its $2.23 billion acquisition of Chilquinta Energía S.A. from Sempra Energy. The acquisition will also include Sempra Energy’s 100% interest in Tecnored S.A., which provides electric construction and infrastructure services to Chilquinta Energia SA and third parties, and its 50% interest in Eletrans S.A., which owns, constructs, operates and maintains power transmission;
- KKR & Co., as lead investor of a consortium, in its investment in COFCO Meat, a China-based pork producer;
- The Carlyle Group on its controlling stake in China’s Mandarin Hotel Holdings Ltd.;
- CITIC Capital on its investment in China Cinda Asset Management Company – one of the largest deals in China in 2012. This is the first instance where one of the four Chinese state-owned asset management companies has introduced strategic investors in preparation of an IPO; and
- The Kraft Heinz Company (formerly the H.J. Heinz Company) in the sale of Shanghai Guofu LongFong Foods Co., Ltd., a China-based food manufacturer, to Zhengzhou Sanquan Foods Co., Ltd, a China-based frozen food manufacturer.
Hans is a councilor of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Hong Kong and a director of the French Chamber Foundation in Hong Kong.
Hans is fluent in English, Mandarin, French and German. He is admitted to practice law in California and Paris.