Justin Rosenberg is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Justin’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law and corporate governance issues. He has extensive experience in public and private company acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border transactions, private equity transactions, securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
Justin’s recent transactions include representing:
- ADT Inc. in its acquisition of Defenders Inc.
- Air Methods Corporation in its acquisition by affiliates of American Securities LLC
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC in its acquisition of Outerwall, Inc., and in its acquisition of Shutterfly and Snapfish
- Aptiv plc in its autonomous driving joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group
- The Independent Directors of Avon Products Inc. in its acquisition by Natura & Co.
- ecoATM, a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its sale of a minority stake to Cowen Sustainable Advisors, a division of Cowen Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company in its attempted acquisition of Unilever
- The Medicines Company in its sale to Novartis
- Qualcomm Incorporated in connection with its successful defense against the unsolicited offer and proxy fight from Broadcom and in the proposed acquisition of NXP Semiconductors
- Searchlight Capital Partners, LP in its acquisition, alongside ForgeLight LLC, of a majority stake in Univision Holdings, Inc.
Justin was also involved in numerous notable transactions prior to joining Paul, Weiss, including advising:
- Abbott Laboratories in its spin-off of AbbVie, Inc.
- Carlson Hotels in its sale to HNA Group
- Delta Airlines Inc. in its merger of equals with Northwest Airlines Corporation
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise in its sale of StandardAero to Veritas Capital
- The Lerner family in its sale of the Cleveland Browns to an entity controlled by Jimmy A. Haslam, III
- M&T Bank Corporation in its acquisition of Hudson City Bancorp, Inc.
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation in its sale to Bank of Montreal
- Mirant Corporation in its merger of equals with RRI Energy, Inc.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation in its (1) acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V. and (2) its acquisition of The Warnaco Group, Inc.
- The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. in its (1) acquisition of Royal Bank of Canada’s U.S. retail banking business, (2) sale of its Global Investment Servicing business to Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and (3) acquisition of National City Corporation (and related divestiture of 61 National City bank branches)
- Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc. in its merger of equals with Live Nation, Inc.