1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019-6064
Justin Rosenberg is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group and Private Equity Group. Justin’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law and corporate governance issues. He has extensive experience in public and private company acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border transactions, private equity transactions, securities offerings and corporate governance matters. Justin is recognized by The Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer in private equity buyouts.
Justin’s recent transactions include representing:
- ADT Inc. in its acquisition of Defenders Inc., and in its investment from Google in connection with the companies’ establishment of a long-term commercial partnership
- Air Methods in its acquisition by affiliates of American Securities
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management in their acquisitions of Outerwall (n/k/a Coinstar), Shutterfly, Snapfish, Univar Solutions and Yahoo!
- Funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management in a $1.2 billion equity investment by State Farm in ADT Inc., a portfolio company of Apollo
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management in the acquisition, alongside Elliott Investment Management, of $900 million of convertible preferred stock in Western Digital Corporation
- Aptiv in its autonomous driving joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group
- The Independent Directors of Avon Products in its acquisition by Natura & Co.
- ecoATM, a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, in its sale of a minority stake to Cowen Sustainable Advisors, a division of Cowen Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company in its attempted acquisition of Unilever
- The Medicines Company in its sale to Novartis
- Qualcomm in connection with its successful defense against the unsolicited offer and proxy fight from Broadcom and in the proposed acquisition of NXP Semiconductors
- Redbox in its combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp., a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company
- Searchlight Capital Partners in its acquisition, alongside ForgeLight, of a majority stake in Univision Holdings
- Shutterfly, a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, in its acquisition of Spoonflower
- Univision Holdings in its acquisition of content and media assets of Grupo Televisa, S.A.B.
- Yahoo!, a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, in its pending 30-year exclusive commercial agreement with Taboola and in the sale of its Edgecast business to Limelight Networks
Justin was also involved in numerous notable transactions prior to joining Paul, Weiss, including advising:
- Abbott Laboratories in its spin-off of AbbVie
- Carlson Hotels in its sale to HNA Group
- Delta Airlines in its merger of equals with Northwest Airlines
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise in its sale of StandardAero to Veritas Capital
- The Lerner family in its sale of the Cleveland Browns to an entity controlled by Jimmy A. Haslam, III
- M&T Bank in its acquisition of Hudson City Bancorp
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation in its sale to Bank of Montreal
- Mirant Corporation in its merger of equals with RRI Energy
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (n/k/a PVH Corp.) in its acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V. and its acquisition of The Warnaco Group
- The PNC Financial Services Group in its acquisition of Royal Bank of Canada’s U.S. retail banking business; the sale of its Global Investment Servicing business to Bank of New York Mellon Corporation; and its acquisition of National City Corporation (and related divestiture of 61 National City bank branches)
- Ticketmaster Entertainment in its merger of equals with Live Nation