Justin Rosenberg is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Justin’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law and corporate governance issues. He has extensive experience in public and private company acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border transactions, private equity transactions, securities offerings and corporate governance matters. Justin is recognized by The Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer in private equity buyouts.
Justin’s recent transactions include representing:
- ADT Inc. in its acquisition of Defenders Inc., and in its investment from Google in connection with the companies’ establishment of a long-term commercial partnership
- Air Methods in its acquisition by affiliates of American Securities
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management in their acquisitions of Outerwall (n/k/a Coinstar), Shutterfly, Snapfish and Verizon Media
- Aptiv in its autonomous driving joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group
- The Independent Directors of Avon Products in its acquisition by Natura & Co.
- ecoATM, a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, in its sale of a minority stake to Cowen Sustainable Advisors, a division of Cowen Inc.
- The Kraft Heinz Company in its attempted acquisition of Unilever
- The Medicines Company in its sale to Novartis
- Qualcomm in connection with its successful defense against the unsolicited offer and proxy fight from Broadcom and in the proposed acquisition of NXP Semiconductors
- Searchlight Capital Partners in its acquisition, alongside ForgeLight, of a majority stake in Univision Holdings
- Univision Holdings in its acquisition of content and media assets of Grupo Televisa, S.A.B.
Justin was also involved in numerous notable transactions prior to joining Paul, Weiss, including advising:
- Abbott Laboratories in its spin-off of AbbVie
- Carlson Hotels in its sale to HNA Group
- Delta Airlines in its merger of equals with Northwest Airlines
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise in its sale of StandardAero to Veritas Capital
- The Lerner family in its sale of the Cleveland Browns to an entity controlled by Jimmy A. Haslam, III
- M&T Bank in its acquisition of Hudson City Bancorp
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation in its sale to Bank of Montreal
- Mirant Corporation in its merger of equals with RRI Energy.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation (n/k/a PVH Corp.) in its (1) acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V. and (2) its acquisition of The Warnaco Group
- The PNC Financial Services Group in its (1) acquisition of Royal Bank of Canada’s U.S. retail banking business, (2) sale of its Global Investment Servicing business to Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and (3) acquisition of National City Corporation (and related divestiture of 61 National City bank branches)
- Ticketmaster Entertainment in its merger of equals with Live Nation