A counsel in the Real Estate Department, Karla Booth has worked on a variety of commercial real estate transactions. She has represented owners, developers, equity investors, lenders and tenants in connection with the purchase, sale, financing, development and leasing of commercial real property assets and portfolios; and her experience includes negotiating purchase and sale agreements, contribution agreements, joint venture agreements, development agreements, management agreements, mortgage and mezzanine loan documents, ground leases and space leases. Karla’s experience also includes representing clients in connection with the real estate aspects of corporate transactions.
Karla’s representations include:
- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. in:
- its loan financing in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 32 independent living facilities; and
- its sale of a portfolio of 35 medical office buildings within the Griffin-American Healthcare REIT II, Inc. portfolio.
- HCP, Inc. in $1.125 billion sale of a portfolio of 64 senior housing facilities.
- Empire Resorts Inc., a public company and owner of the Monticello Casino & Raceway in upstate New York, in connection with the construction financing for its development of a new gaming resort in the Catskills.
- CIM Group in connection with the financing of the acquisition of the Martha Washington hotel in Manhattan.
- Rose Associates in connection with the formation of a joint venture to convert 70 Pine Street into a luxury rental building.
- Rockefeller Group in connection with the development and financing of over 5 million square feet of major mixed-use retail and residential projects in Flushing, Queens.
- Simon Property Group, Inc. in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Hudson’s Bay Co. and acquisition of net-leased retail properties in the U.S. and Germany.
- A foreign investor in connection with the formation of a joint venture and acquisition of the Dream Downtown Hotel.