A counsel in the firm’s Executive Compensation Group, Nicole Tark advises clients on a variety of executive compensation, ERISA and other employee benefit matters, both within the context of day-to-day operations as well as public and private company mergers, acquisitions, sales, spin-offs and other corporate transactions. Nicole's practice includes the representation of public and private companies, private equity fund deal teams, and individual executives in structuring, negotiating and implementing employment, severance, change in control and deferred compensation arrangements, and cash- and equity-based incentive compensation plans, as well as providing counsel on related issues under securities and tax laws.
Nicole’s private equity clients include Apollo Global Management, CI Capital Partners, Crestview Partners, General Atlantic, KPS Capital Partners, Oak Hill Capital Partners and Palladium Equity Partners, as well as a number of their portfolio companies.
Nicole’s representative matters include:
- Aptiv in its $4 billion autonomous driving joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group, a South Korea-based automotive manufacturer;
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals in its $1.4 billion acquisition of Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc., a California-based commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on life-threatening blood-related disorders;
- The Medicines Company in its $9.7 billion sale to Novartis AG;
- Rocket Companies in its initial public offering;
- Nutraceutical International Corporation, a Utah-based integrated manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of branded nutritional supplements and other natural products, in its approximately $446 million sale to an affiliate of HGGC, LLC, a California-based private equity firm;
- Independent Directors of Pattern Energy in its approximately $6.1 billion all-cash acquisition by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), a Canada-based professional investment management organization; and
- Air Methods Corporation in its $2.5 billion acquisition by affiliates of American Securities LLC, a New York-based private equity firm.