ProfessionalsRamy J. Wahbeh
10 Noble Street
London, United Kingdom EC2V 7JU
A partner in the Corporate Department and Deputy Head of the firm’s London office, Ramy focuses his practice on cross-border private equity transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic joint ventures, divestitures, recapitalizations and hybrid/structured instrument investments.
Ramy has experience advising on a wide range of complex, cross-border M&A transactions and strategic joint ventures across Europe (including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Spain and more). He has advised on transactions in the airline, banking, finance, gaming, hospitality, insurance, leasing, mortgage, payment services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, professional services, retail, shipping, software and other industries.
Ramy’s recent representations include:
- Apollo Global Management, Inc. in its strategic and financial partnership with Sofinnova Partners
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. in:
- its acquisition of Fiskeby International Holding, alongside its portfolio company, Reno De Medici S.p.A.
- its acquisition of the Terminals, Solutions & Services (TSS) business line (also known as Ingenico) from Worldline
- its investment in Primafrio
- its sale of Amissima Vita S.p.A. to Athora Holding Ltd.
- its sale of Nova KBM d.d. to OTP Bank
- its acquisition of a majority stake in AS Graanul Invest
- its acquisition of a majority stake in and subsequent take-private of Reno De Medici S.p.A.
- its €500 million investment in Sazka Group A.S.
- its sale of Amissima Assicurazioni to HDI Assicurazioni
- its acquisition of Covis Pharma B.V. from funds managed by Cerberus Capital Management
- its two-step acquisition of Gamenet Group S.p.A. through a share acquisition from TCP Lux Eurinvest S.à r.l. and Intralot Italian Investments B.V. followed by a mandatory takeover for the remaining shares
- its €600 million sale of Seguradoras Unidas and AdvanceCare PORTUGAL to Generali
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Haydock Finance
- its partnership with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in connection with the €250 million acquisition of Nova KBM d.d.
- Bremer Kreditbank AG (BKB) (formerly known as Oldenburgische Landesbank AG), a portfolio company of funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its:
- €300 million acquisition of Oldenburgische Landesbank AG
- acquisition of 100% of the share capital in Bankhaus Neelmeyer from UniCredit Bank AG
- Catalina Holdings, a portfolio company of funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its acquisition of Asia Capital Reinsurance Group
- Lottomatica S.p.A (formerly known as Gamenet Group S.p.A.), a portfolio company of funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its €950 million acquisition of the Italian business of International Game Technology PLC consisting of 100% of the share capital of Lottomatica Scommesse S.r.l. and Lottomatica Videolot Rete S.p.A.
- Nova KBM d.d., a portfolio company of funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its:
- €444 million acquisition of Abanka d.d.
- acquisition of 100% of the share capital in Summit Leasing Slovenija d.o.o. from Sumitomo Corporation
- acquisition of KBS d.d., the former Slovenian subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank International, and the subsequent merger between NKBM and KBS
- Seguradoras Unidas, S.A. (formerly known as Companhia de Seguros Tranquilidade, S.A.) in connection with the acquisition of Açoreana Seguros, S.A. (Açoreana), an affiliate of the Banif Financial Group, from Soil – SGPS, S.A. and Oitante, S.A. and the subsequent merger of Açoreana into Tranquilidade
Ramy began his career with Paul, Weiss in the New York office and has resided in the London office since 2014. He received his LL.B. and B.A. in Economics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1996. Upon completion of a one-year clerkship, he returned to the Hebrew University and completed an LL.M. degree in 1999 from the Faculty of Law and an M.B.A., magna cum laude, from the Jerusalem School of Business Administration in 2000. He received a second LL.M. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2001 and his SJD, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2003. He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2002 and the Israel Bar in 1997.