ProfessionalsTarun M. Stewart
A partner in the Corporate Department, Tarun Stewart is a member of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Groups. His practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Tarun is co-chair of the firm’s International Practice Committee and manages the firm’s visiting lawyers program.
Tarun has worked on a variety of public and private company mergers, asset deals, stock deals, joint ventures, venture capital deals, recapitalizations and buy-out transactions. From 2002 until 2007, Tarun was resident in the Paul, Weiss London office.
His recent representations include:
- The special committee of the board of directors of Invitation Homes in connection with its merger of equals with Starwood Waypoint Homes, to create a company with an enterprise value of approximately $20 billion;
- Elanco Animal Health in its pending $7.6 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Bayer AG;
- Warner Music Group in its $3.3 billion sale to Access Industries;
- Prestige Cruises International in its $3.03 billion sale to Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings;
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in (1) its $2.0 billion acquisition of Firth Rixson plc; and (2) its $900 million sale of Primus International to Precision Castparts;
- General Atlantic as co-lead of a consortium of private investors in the $1.86 billion acquisition of First Republic Bank from Bank of America;
- CVC Capital Partners in its $1.7 billion acquisition of Samsonite Corporation;
- Mitsubishi Chemical in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Lucite International;
- Genco Distribution System in its $1.4 billion sale to FedEx Corporation;
- Hollinger International in its $1.3 billion sale of The Daily Telegraph to the Barclay brothers;
- Yokohama Rubber in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Alliance Tire Group;
- HP Inc. in its $1.05 billion acquisition of Samsung’s global printer business;
- Advanstar Communications in its $970 million sale to UBM;
- Broadview Holding in its $840 million acquisition of the Formica Group from Fletcher Building Holdings Limited;
- Apollo Global Management in the sale of its Principal Maritime fleet of oil tankers to Teekay Tankers for $660 million in cash and stock;
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in its $575 million acquisition of the Educational Technology and Services division of Scholastic;
- Salini Impregilo in (1) its $405 million acquisition of Lane Construction; and (2) its subsequent $555 million sale of Lane's paving business;
- Citigroup in its investment in Housing Development Finance Corporation, a leading Indian mortgage lending company; and
- General Atlantic in its investments in (1) Hexaware Technologies, an Indian business process outsourcing company; (2) Net 1 UEPS Technologies, a South African payment processing business; (3) Jubilant Organosys, an Indian pharmaceuticals business; (4) LHS, a German software company; and (5) Global Collect, a Dutch payment processing business.
Tarun has been recognized in Legal 500 as a leading lawyer for private equity buyouts.