Anti-Corruption & Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Learn More
Our team has unsurpassed experience in counseling and defending U.S. and foreign companies and individuals in matters relating to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar anti-corruption laws. We are frequently contacted when a potential corruption issue arises, and are go-to counsel for investigations and enforcement proceedings before the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Multilateral Development Banks, including the World Bank. In addition, we advise clients considering transactions in high-risk markets or with business partners with high anti-corruption risks. We also counsel clients who are designing compliance programs and in conducting risk assessments.
Our FCPA Group has earned an enviable reputation for its work. Some of our recent acknowledgments are listed below.
- Benchmark Litigation 2023
- Ranked Tier 1 for White Collar Crime
- Three recognized practitioners for FCPA and Enforcement
- Chambers USA 2023
- Ranked Band 4 for FCPA (Nationwide)
- Mark Mendelsohn ranked Band 1 for FCPA (Nationwide)
- Chambers Global 2023
- Ranked Paul, Weiss Band 4 for FCPA (USA)
- Mark Mendelsohn ranked Band 1 for FCPA (USA)
- Global Investigations Review 2022
- Ranked in GIR 30
- Profiled in GIR 100
- Shortlisted for "Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year" (2022)
- Who’s Who Legal Awards
- Named 2016 “Investigations Law Firm of the Year”
- Mark Mendelsohn recognized as the 2016 “Investigations Lawyer of the Year”
- Ethisphere Institute named Mark Mendelsohn to its 2015 list of “Attorneys Who Matter” – his third such honor. The award recognizes attorneys who have significantly advanced the cause of corporate compliance and ethics. Mark is included in the “Top Guns” category, awarded to attorneys who have a wide range of experience and are leaders in the outside counsel community.
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder honored litigation partner Mark Mendelsohn in his former role as deputy chief of the Fraud Section of the Criminal Division of the DOJ, and his team with the Attorney General’s Award for Fraud Prevention for their prosecution of United States v. BAE Systems. The award recognizes exceptional dedication and effort to prevent, investigate and prosecute fraud, white collar crimes and official corruption.
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder awarded Mark Mendelsohn the Attorney General's Award for Distinguished Service for his work overseeing a major investigation into corrupt payments.