AXA Equitable Achieves Second Circuit Affirmance of Dismissal of Captive Reinsurance Claims
A three-judge panel of the Second Circuit issued a summary order affirming dismissals of all claims against Paul, Weiss client AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company.
Qualcomm to Acquire NXP
Qualcomm, a global leader in wireless technologies, has agreed to acquire NXP Semiconductors for $47 billion. The transaction represents the largest ever in the semiconductor industry.
M&A activity generally declined in February 2017, with total deal volume and the number of transactions falling in the U.S. and globally.
- Brexit – Next Steps and Political Implications
- Supreme Court Upholds “One Person, One Vote”
- FCPA Pilot Program - New Guidance for Self-Reporting
- Why Anti-Corruption Due Diligence Is Important in M&A Transactions
- CFPB Proposes to Ban Arbitration Clauses That Prevent Class-Action Litigation
- Brexit – Legal Developments and Political Uncertainty
- Assessing the Impact of DOL’s Final Overtime Rule on Employers
- Preparing Cases for Trial – From the Beginning
- An Evening with Roberta Kaplan and Edith Windsor
- Cybersecurity Update – Key Steps to Limit Legal and Business Risk
In this video, partners, counsel, associates and alumnae discuss what it's like to practice at Paul, Weiss and the strength of the firm's commitment to gender diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- Brad S. Karp
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization
- Real Estate
- Personal Representation
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
In this interview, Chair Brad Karp discusses with Matthew Winkler, editor-in-chief emeritus at Bloomberg News, the role that the firm's culture and strategic vision have played in the continued success of Paul, Weiss.
- Jeh Charles Johnson
- Internal Investigations
- White Collar & Regulatory Defense
- Cybersecurity & Data Protection
- Securities Litigation
- Professional Liability
Former Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson has rejoined Paul, Weiss as a partner in its Litigation Department. He will be advising clients on crisis management, government and internal investigations, high-stakes litigation and regulatory matters, and legal aspects of cybersecurity and other security matters.
Paul, Weiss is a close-knit community with a distinct culture and shared values. In this video from our Alumni Reception, current and former Paul, Weiss lawyers share their thoughts on the firm and their ongoing connections to its alumni network.