Paul, Weiss matches the top compensation and benefits of its peer firms.
First-year associates currently earn $180,000,* and all associates in good standing also typically receive a bonus. Summer associates earn $3,500 per week.* Paul, Weiss offers a salary advance to all incoming associates and reimbursements for moving expenses, bar review courses, bar examination fees and bar association dues.
Our benefits include a comprehensive insurance plan, generous parental leaves, relocation assistance and varied workplace amenities, including:
- Health and Dental Plans: Our lawyers are eligible to participate in our comprehensive health and dental plans beginning on their first day of employment. The plans cover eligible dependents (spouse, same-sex domestic partner and children). We also offer a health care flexible spending account, which gives lawyers the ability to pay for eligible health care expenses with before-tax dollars.
- Relocation Costs: The firm pays moving costs for relocation, including transportation for associates and their families. We have service agreements and direct billing arrangements with designated moving companies.
- Bar Examination: The firm reimburses associates for fees paid for the basic review course and application fees for the New York, District of Columbia or Delaware Bar examinations. In addition, lateral associates who need to become admitted to the bar in the state in which they will be practicing are allowed 10 days paid leave for the purpose of studying, plus two days leave for taking the exam.
- Bar Association Membership: We encourage each of our lawyers to become involved in the work of the organized bar and cover an attorney's annual dues for selected bar associations.
- Mortgages: Paul, Weiss is a participant in both Citibank's and J.P. Morgan Chase's mortgage programs. Membership in these programs provides employees with preferential treatment and certain benefits when applying for a mortgage.
- Checking Accounts: We offer free private banking in New York at Citibank or Chase. We offer free private banking at Citibank for our Washington, D.C., lawyers.
- Corporate Card: The firm provides each associate with an American Express corporate card. The firm pays the annual fee and individuals are billed directly on a monthly basis.
- Child Care: The firm offers generous parental leave, various options for back-up and emergency child care and a dependent care flexible spending account, which enables lawyers to pay for certain dependent care expenses in a tax-efficient manner.
* effective 7/1/16