- Learn More
Paul, Weiss recognizes the tremendous contributions of our attorneys and is committed to offering top of the market, innovative compensation and benefits.
Our benefits include a comprehensive insurance plan, generous caregiver leaves, relocation assistance and varied workplace amenities:
Physical & Mental Health
- Health, Dental and Vision Plans: Our lawyers are eligible to participate in our comprehensive health, dental and vision plans beginning on their first day of employment. The plans cover eligible dependents (spouse and children). We also offer a health care flexible spending account, which gives lawyers the ability to pay for eligible health care expenses with before-tax dollars. In addition, the firm offers a free membership with One Medical Group, a primary care doctor’s service, with several locations conveniently located throughout New York City, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
- Insurance: We offer a variety of life, disability and travel accident insurance plan options.
- Enhanced Support Services:
- Life Care: The firm offers a free membership to LifeCare, a premium concierge service that assists lawyers with providing, guidance, support and referral during major life events or assistance with day to day challenges.
- EAP: The firm provides a free Employee Assistance Program, designed to help you and your family cope with difficult personal circumstances.
- Wellness: In addition to offering a Health Management Program, the firm provides lawyers access to many self-care resources.
- Physical Therapy: The firm provides on-site and virtual physical therapy appointments at no cost.
- Caregiver Leave/Child Care Assistance: The firm offers generous caregiver leave as well as various resources for childcare, including infant transition, back-up and emergency child care. The firm offers fertility support, cryopreservation and surrogacy assistance. In addition, the firm offers a dependent care flexible spending account, which enables lawyers to pay for certain dependent care expenses in a tax-efficient manner.
- Adult/Elder Care: The firm offers back-up and emergency in-home elder care.
- Alternative Work Program: The firm gives lawyers the ability to work a flexible or reduced schedule for a period of time or indefinitely.
- Well-being: The firm provides a generous annual well-being stipend to all counsel and associates in North America.
- Vacation: The firm offers 4-weeks paid vacation for our lawyers.
- Relocation Costs & Salary Advance: The firm reimburses moving costs for relocation, including transportation for counsel, associates and their families. In addition, the firm offers a salary advance to all incoming associates.
- Bar Examination: The firm reimburses associates for fees paid for a bar review course and application fees for the New York, District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware or California Bar examinations.
- Bar Association Membership: The firm covers a lawyer's annual dues for selected bar associations.
- Mortgages: Paul, Weiss is a participant in both Citibank's and J.P. Morgan Chase's mortgage programs. Membership in these programs provides employees with preferential treatment and certain benefits when applying for a mortgage.
- Corporate Card: The firm offers each counsel and associate an American Express corporate card.
- 401 (k) Savings Plans: Lawyers are eligible to participate in the firm’s 401 (k) Plan.
- Commuter Benefit Program: The Commuter Transit Benefit Program allows you to pay for transit and parking expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Student Loan Refinancing Assistance: The firm has relationships with outside vendors that specialize in student loan refinancing.
- Cafeteria: The New York office offers a full service cafeteria and all other offices provide complimentary snacks, beverages and coffee.
- Client Development Budget: The firm provides a client development budget.
- Technology: The firm has a generous technology stipend and assists with data expenses on mobile devices. The firm also provides lawyers with a home office. While in the office, the firm provides standing desks to all lawyers.
- Immigration Assistance: The firm provides Foreign Nationals with work authorization assistance so that they may work in the United States.
- Mentorship: The firm believes that partners, counsel and associates play an important role in the training and development of junior lawyers. The firm provides all lawyers with a stipend to cover the cost of mentorship lunches, drinks or dinners.
- Paul Weiss Cares: A corporate social responsibility initiative where the firm matches employee donations to eligible organizations. The firm also has an active community outreach program where lawyers obtain funding by the firm to launch and complete community service initiatives.