Paul, Weiss matches the top compensation and benefits of its peer firms.
First-year associates currently earn $190,000,* and all associates in good standing also typically receive a bonus. Summer associates earn $3,700 per week.* Paul, Weiss offers a salary advance to all incoming associates and reimbursements for moving expenses, bar review courses, bar examination fees and bar association dues.
Our benefits include a comprehensive insurance plan, generous parental leaves, relocation assistance and varied workplace amenities, including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Plans: Our lawyers are eligible to participate in our comprehensive health, dental and vision plans beginning on their first day of employment. The plans cover eligible dependents (spouse, same-sex domestic partner and children). We also offer a health care flexible spending account, which gives lawyers the ability to pay for eligible health care expenses with before-tax dollars. In addition, the firm offers a free membership with One Medical Group, a primary care doctor’s service, with several locations conveniently located throughout New York City.
- Insurance: We offer a variety of life, disability and travel accident insurance plan options.
- Enhanced Support Services: The firm offers a free membership to LifeCare, a premium concierge service that assists lawyers with providing, guidance, support and referral during major life events or assistance with day to day challenges. In addition, the firm provides a free Employee Assistance Program, designed to help you and your family cope with difficult personal circumstances.
- Relocation Costs: The firm pays moving costs for relocation, including transportation for associates and their families. We have service agreements and direct billing arrangements with designated moving companies.
- Bar Examination: The firm reimburses associates for fees paid for a bar review course and application fees for the New York, District of Columbia or Delaware Bar examinations.
- Bar Association Membership: We cover an attorney's annual dues for selected bar associations.
- Mortgages: Paul, Weiss is a participant in both Citibank's and J.P. Morgan Chase's mortgage programs. Membership in these programs provides employees with preferential treatment and certain benefits when applying for a mortgage.
- Corporate Card: The firm provides each associate with an American Express corporate card.
- Child Care and Adult/Elder Care Assistance: The firm offers generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers. There are various options for childcare including, infant transition, back-up and emergency child care. The firm offers fertility support, cryopreservation and surrogacy assistance. In addition, the firm also offers a dependent care flexible spending account, which enables lawyers to pay for certain dependent care expenses in a tax-efficient manner.
- Subsidized Cafeteria: The firm has a full service cafeteria.
- Vacation: The firm offers 4-weeks’ paid vacation for our lawyers.
- 401 (k) Savings Plans: Lawyers are eligible to participate in the firm’s 401 (k) Plan.
- Commuter Transit Benefit Program: The Commuter Transit Benefit Program allows you to purchase transit and parking expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Physical Therapy: The firm provides on-site physical therapy appointments at no cost.
- Health Club Membership: The firm will cover the cost of initiation and monthly membership fees at several of the most widely used health clubs.
- Alternative Work Program: The firm gives lawyers the ability to work a flexible or reduced schedule for a period of time or indefinitely.
- Client Development Budget: The firm provides a client development budget.
- Technology: The firm has a generous technology stipend and assists with data expenses on mobile devices. The firm also provides lawyers with a home office. While in the office, the firm provides standing desks to all lawyers.
- Immigration Assistance: The firm provides Foreign Nationals with work authorization assistance so that they may work in the United States.
- Mentorship: The firm believes that partners, senior associates and counsel play an important role in the training and development of junior lawyers. The firm provides senior lawyers with a stipend to cover the cost of mentorship lunches, drinks or dinners.
- Student Loan Refinancing Assistance: The firm has relationships with outside vendors that specialize in student loan refinancing
- Paul Weiss Cares: A corporate social responsibility initiative where the firm matches employee donations to eligible organizations. The firm also has an active community outreach program where lawyers obtain funding by the firm to launch and complete community service initiatives.
* effective 7/1/18