A partner in the Corporate Department, Bosco is based out of the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Bosco has particular expertise in Hong Kong takeovers, equity capital markets transactions, privatization, reorganization and private and public mergers and acquisitions. He has worked on an array of transactions in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, Hong Kong IPOs and general Hong Kong corporate regulatory and compliance advice.
Prior to joining the firm, Bosco has advised DCM Ventures, DST Global, Hillhouse Investment, Morgan Stanley PE Asia and PAG Asia in numerous transactions. In the areas of private equity and M&A transactions, his recent significant experience includes advising:
- Balderton Capital in its investment in Premialab, a data and risk analytics platform for institutional investors
- CDH in its pre-IPO investment in a hospital group in China
- China Media Capital in its US$32.8 million pre-IPO investment for a 15% stake in Ourgame International (6899.HK), a Chinese online card and board game developer
- China Rundong Auto and KKR in a US$198 million whitewashed subscription for shares in China Rundong Auto (1365.HK), a Chinese automobiles dealer, by Greenland Holding
- DST Global in its investments in:
- Xiaomi Corp (1810.HK), a Chinese company that designs and manufactures consumer electronics and household products
- Meituan (3690.HK), a Chinese e-commerce platform that provides lifestyle services
- Delivery Hero in its acquisition of NOSH Services, a virtual food retailer based in Hong Kong
- Doki Technologies, a Hong Kong-based children’s smartwatch developer, in its disposal to Fitbit
- ENZO Jewelry Inc., a Chinese jewelry chain, in its disposal to Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group
- Exclusive Networks in its acquisition of JJNET, a Value-Added Distribution corporation based in Hong Kong
- Exegy, a portfolio company of Marlin Equity Partners, in the acquisition of Enyx S.A., a FPGA-based, ultra-low latency trading technology and solutions developer and provider based in France
- FountainVest Partners in its investment in Maoyan Entertainment (1896.HK), a Chinese company that operates online entertainment service platform
- Genting Hong Kong in its US$600 million acquisition of Crystal Cruises, a cruise line based in the U.S., from Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- A consortium led by Hillhouse Investment and CDH in its US$5.8 billion privatization of Belle International, a Hong Kong-based company that manufactures and trades footwear products, by way of Scheme of Arrangement (the largest privatization in value in Hong Kong in 2017)
- Hillhouse Investment in its investments in various private and listed companies across multiple industries
- Hony Capital in the US$1.1 billion acquisition of a furniture, garment and beauty business from Li & Fung, a then Hong Kong-listed company with stock code 0494.HK
- A leading international private equity firm in its investments in:
- ANT Group, an affiliate company of Alibaba that owns online payment platform Alipay
- Kuaishou Technology (1024.HK), a Chinese video-sharing mobile application
- A consortium led by Legend Holdings in its US$550 million whitewashed subscription for shares and warrants in Lenovo Group (992.HK), a global technology company headquartered in China
- McDonald’s in its US$2.08 billion disposal of an 80% stake in its China and Hong Kong business to CITIC and Carlyle (M&A Deal of the Year (Mid-Size), Asian Legal Business Award 2017)
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia in its pre-IPO investments and disposals in China
- Morningside as a selling shareholder in the Hong Kong IPO of Xiaomi Corp (1810.HK), a Chinese company that designs and manufactures consumer electronics and household products
- PAG Asia in its US$1.475 billion takeover and privatization of Yingde Gases, a then Hong Kong-listed company with stock code 2168.HK, by way of voluntary general offer and compulsory acquisition (Deal of the Year (Large Cap), Asian Private Equity and Venture Capital Awards 2017)
- ZhongAn Online in its formation of a RMB730 million Fintec and Insuretech joint venture with Sinolink Worldwide (1168.HK), a Hong Kong-based company that focuses on financial technology investment and real estate and property management
In the capital markets area, he has also advised Hong Kong initial public offerings for Ascentage Pharma (6855.HK), China Outfitters Holdings (1146.HK), China Rundong Auto (1365.HK) and Tenfu (6868.HK), as well as the proposed Hong Kong initial public offerings of various companies including Goodbaby China, Graff Diamonds and Prudential Group. He also advised various proposed SPAC listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange.
Bosco is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese. He is admitted to practice law in Hong Kong, England and Wales and Ontario.