A partner in the Litigation Department, Brette Tannenbaum focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, including antitrust, securities, employment litigation and other complex commercial disputes. She has significant experience litigating cases in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
Significant representations include:
- The Blackstone Group and its hedge fund division in the dismissal of a multi-billion dollar lawsuit brought by beneficiaries of the Kentucky Retirement Systems alleging breach of trust and fiduciary duties;
- News Corporation and certain subsidiaries in a putative class action and competitor lawsuits involving claims of exclusive dealing and monopolization, as well as the dismissal of unlawful bundling and tying claims following an evidentiary hearing before a panel of antitrust expert special masters;
- Investment Technology Group, Inc. in the favorable resolution of a FINRA arbitration brought by a former employee who claimed that the company had disparaged him and tortiously interfered with his business relationships;
- A major investment firm in the litigation and favorable resolution of multiple employment discrimination actions brought by former employees;
- The Philadelphia 76ers in an internal investigation relating to the use of certain anonymous Twitter accounts to post information concerning the club, its personnel and related topics;
- Chip Wilson, the founder and former CEO of lululemon athletica, in the dismissal of securities fraud class action and derivative litigation concerning disclosures of product recalls.
Brette earned her A.B. from Princeton University, with honors, and her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she was a James Kent Scholar and notes editor of the Columbia Law Review.
In 2020, Brette was recognized by Benchmark Litigation on its “40 and Under Hot List.” Brette is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Antitrust Law Section and the Federal Bar Council First Decades Committee. She also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Randall’s Island Park Alliance.