ProfessionalsChristopher J. Cummings
Christopher Cummings is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Canadian Practice Groups. Based in New York and Toronto, he practices U.S. securities law with a particular emphasis on cross-border capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. He has worked on a broad range of public and private transactions for investment banks and companies in a number of industries, including oil and gas, mining, financial services, transportation, technology and telecommunications.
Chris has been recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of Capital Markets by Chambers Global, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
Examples of Chris’ previous representations include:
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and CDP Financial in the establishment of a $20 billion debt program and multiple offerings of notes;
- Teck Resources for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including in multiple securities offerings;
- The underwriters in the IPO and multiple follow-on offerings for Shopify;
- The Province of Alberta for U.S. securities law matters;
- New Gold for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including multiple high yield bond and other securities offerings;
- ATS Automation Tooling Systems for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including its high yield bond offerings;
- Constellation Software in its public offering of rights and convertible debentures;
- The underwriters in numerous offerings by Enbridge, Fortis, Manulife Financial, Precision Drilling, Seven Generations Energy and TC Energy;
- MAG Silver for U.S. corporate and securities law matters;
- Savaria Corporation in its acquisition of Span-America Medical Systems;
- Sprott Asset Management in its successful unsolicited acquisition of Central GoldTrust;
- The placement agents and initial purchasers for high yield bond offerings by Athabasca Oil, Canbriam Energy and Hammerhead Resources;
- Equinox Gold for U.S. corporate and securities law matters;
- The underwriters in the IPO of CPI Card Group;
- Aurizon Mines in its defense against an unsolicited offer from Alamos Gold and its acquisition by Hecla Mining;
- AuRico Gold in a high yield bond offering and in its merger with equals with Alamos Gold;
- Enghouse Systems in its acquisition of CTI Group; and
- The underwriters in the IPO of Kinder Morgan Canada.