ProfessionalsCullen L. Sinclair
A partner in the Corporate Department, Cullen L. Sinclair is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group and Private Equity Group, focusing his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. He regularly advises in the negotiation and structuring of mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and leveraged buyouts on behalf of a diverse range of clients, including public and private companies, private equity funds, financial institutions and other entities.
Among the newly appointed M&A and private equity partners at top law firms, Cullen was recognized as a 2022 “Rising Star” by Law360 and a 2021 “Top Rising Star” by The Deal.
Cullen’s recent private equity and portfolio company experience includes representing:
- in its acquisition of a 50% stake of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice’s ownership interest in BrandSafway
- and Simon Property Group in their acquisition of certain assets of J.C. Penney Company in connection with J.C. Penney’s chapter 11 case
- Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, in its sale to EQT
- General Atlantic:
- as lead investor in a $1.4 billion investment in Sierra Space
- as lead investor, in the $160 million investment in 80 Acres Farms
- its strategic investment in Landmark Health
- alongside The Vistria Group in its investment in CareMetx
- in its investment in General Information Services; GIS’s acquisition of HireRight; and HireRight’s pending initial public offering
- in the sale of its minority interest in Oak Hill Advisors
- in a number of other growth investments, including 80 Acres Farms, Albert, Chronosphere, Evisort, Guideline, Jio Platforms, NYDIG, Reliance Retail Ventures and others
- Global Infrastructure Partners in its $15 billion acquisition (together with KKR) of CyrusOne
- KPS Capital Partners:
- in its $3.45 billion acquisition of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope from CRH plc
- in its acquisition of Profile Custom Extrusions from Highlander Partners
- in Electrical Components International’s acquisition of Fargo Assembly Company and in ECI’s sale to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management
- in its affiliate’s acquisition of the Esterline Interface Technologies group of businesses from TransDigm Group
- in its acquisition of the rod lift solutions unit of Lufkin Industries from oilfield services provider Baker Hughes; and in Lufkin’s acquisitions of US Rod Manufacturing, Patriot Pump and the North American Land Rod Lift Business of Schlumberger N.V.
- in its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in the Primary Products Business in North America and Latin America of Tate & Lyle
- in the take-private acquisition of Tower International by Autokiniton Global Group, a portfolio company of KPS
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisition of Safe Fleet Holdings from The Sterling Group
- XN LP, as lead investor, in an investment in Manticore Games
Cullen’s recent public and private company representations include:
- Advance, a founder and major shareholder of Discovery, Inc., in the proposed $150 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction that will combine AT&T’s WarnerMedia business with Discovery, Inc.
- Alere, Inc. in its $5.3 billion sale to Abbott Laboratories
- The special committee of the board of directors of Expedia Group in its acquisition of Liberty Expedia Holdings
- GE Capital and its GE Capital Aviation Services unit in its sale of PK AirFinance to Apollo Global Management and Athene Holding
- The Getty family in its buyout of The Carlyle Group’s interests in Getty Images
- Hemisphere Media Group in its acquisition of the remaining 75% stake in Pantaya from Lionsgate
- Jet Edge International in its investment by KKR
- Top U.S. homebuilders including John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods, Orleans Homes, PulteGroup and Stanley Martin Communities in a variety of M&A transactions
- MGM in its proposed $8.45 billion sale to Amazon
- Perspecta in its $7.1 billion sale to Peraton and Veritas Capital
- QTS Realty Trust in its $10 billion sale to Blackstone
- Restaurant Brands International in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Simon Property Group in its $3.6 billion acquisition of an 80% ownership interest in The Taubman Realty Group, the operating partnership of Taubman Centers, Inc.
- Taylor Morrison Home Corporation in its $2.5 billion acquisition of William Lyon Homes and its approximately $1 billion acquisition of AV Homes
- Vice Media in connection with various private placements and its joint venture with A&E Networks to launch VICELAND
- WME IMG (now Endeavor) in connection with the merger of Learfield with IMG College (the collegiate division of Endeavor), its acquisition of IMG Worldwide and a variety of other M&A transactions
Cullen is on the board of directors of Pioneer Works, a non-profit cultural center focused on arts and science.