ProfessionalsDavid W. Mayo
A partner in the Tax Department, David Mayo focuses his practice on corporate and partnership taxation, taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and cross-border transactions.
- A consortium of private equity funds in the acquisition of U.S. and Canada homebuilding operations of Taylor Wimpey plc;
- Kohlberg and Company in its acquisition and subsequent public offering of Bauer Performance Sports;
- KPS Capital Partners in raising its $1.2 billion Fund III and $1.0 billion Fund III Supplemental;
- The Bondholders of CIT Group Inc. in CIT Group's prepackaged bankruptcy;
- Religáre Enterprises Limited in its acquisition of a majority stake in the management company of Northgate Capital and Landmark Partners; and
- The Management Team of R3 Capital Partners in their spin out from Lehman Brothers and subsequent acquisition by BlackRock.
David is a member of the Executive Committee of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association, and is a past president of the New York City Tax Club. David has been recognized in Chambers USA as a Leading Individual since 2006 and in The Best Lawyers in America since the 2011 edition. Most recently, David was ranked by Chambers Global, in which sources say he is "thorough and business-minded, with the ability to translate tax code into English."
David served as editor in chief of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy.