ProfessionalsErika A. Detjen
Erika Detjen is counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group and Private Equity Group. Her practice focuses on mergers, stock purchases, sales and auctions, asset purchases, joint ventures, minority investments and general corporate strategic transactions for a variety of private equity clients, portfolio companies and public corporations.
Erika has represented a number of private equity firms, including: Centre Partners, CI Capital Partners, General Atlantic, KPS Capital Partners, Oak Hill Advisors, Oak Hill Capital Partners and Searchlight Capital Partners. Additional clients include ADP, Inc., Alignment Healthcare, Authentic Brands Group, Birchbox, Conair Corporation, Epiphany Dermatology, Hunt Companies, Taylor Precision Products and TaylorMade Golf Company, among others.
Some of Erika’s recent engagements include representing:
- Authentic Brands Group, alongside DSW Inc., in its acquisition of a majority stake in the intellectual property of the proprietary brands of the Camuto Group;
- Conair Corporation in the sale of its professional liquids division to Transom Capital Group;
- Epiphany Dermatology, a portfolio company of CI Capital, in its acquisition of Vail | Aspen | Breckenridge | Glenwood Dermatology;
- Expera Specialty Solutions, a portfolio company of KPS Capital Partners, in its $615 million acquisition by Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj;
- Filament Brands, a portfolio company of Centre Partners, in its acquisition by Lifetime Brands, valuing Filament at an enterprise value of approximately $313 million;
- Hunt Companies, Inc., a holding company that invests in businesses focused in the real estate and infrastructure markets, in:
- in the $200 million committed minority equity investment in certain of Hunt's financial services and asset management businesses by affiliates of Gallatin Point Capital;
- in the sale of its commercial real estate finance subsidiary Hunt Real Estate Capital to ORIX Corporation USA; and
- Hunt Capital Holdings, a real asset investment manager and part of Hunt Companies, in its investment in Brean Capital.
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in a strategic minority equity investment in Oak Hill by Stonyrock Partners;
- Redwood Logistics, a portfolio company of CI Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Strive Logistics; and
- WaveDivision Capital and Searchlight Capital Partners in their $1.35 billion acquisition of Frontier Communications’ Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana operations.
In law school, Erika served as senior executive editor for the Washington University Law Review.