ProfessionalsJessica S. Carey
A partner in the Litigation Department and Deputy Chair of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Practice Group, Jessica Carey has extensive experience handling a broad range of criminal, regulatory and complex commercial litigation matters for financial institutions, with a focus on white collar matters and internal investigations. Jessica also handles a variety of other matters including securities, class action, insurance and general commercial litigation matters.
Jessica has represented numerous financial institutions in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice as well as federal and state banking regulators and other government agencies. She also represents banks and investment funds in securities and commercial matters in federal and state courts across the country, as well as before the SEC and federal and state regulatory authorities.
Jessica's current and recent representations include:
- An international financial institution in connection with anti-money laundering compliance issues.
- A leading U.S. financial institution in a federal grand jury investigation of its global compliance with Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering requirements.
- A financial institution in connection with sales practice and incentive compensation related issues.
- A major investment bank in the trial of a securities action alleging misrepresentations of the bank's financial condition in the run up to the financial crisis.
- A financial institution in regulatory enforcement matters relating to its anti-money laundering compliance program.
- A number of financial institutions in actions in federal and state courts relating to structured mortgage products, including mortgage-backed securities and CDOs.
- A major bank in numerous government inquiries, regulatory investigations and class action lawsuits arising from the global financial crisis.
In 2016, Jessica was recognized as a "Rising Star" by the New York Law Journal. She also received the "Law360 Distinguished Writing Award" at the 2017 Burton Awards. Jessica serves as Co-Chair of Paul, Weiss's Women's Initiative Committee.