As counsel in the Corporate Department, Ji Lu is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Groups. In her practice, Ms. Lu has represented strategic and financial buyers and sellers in the United States and Europe in domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buy-outs, investments, joint ventures and recapitalizations in a variety of industries including telecommunications, manufacturing, software, satellite, financial services, trading and brokerage.
Ms. Lu's recent experience includes the following representations:
- Ericsson in its:
- acquisitions of Nortel's North American GSM business and multi service switch business;
- separate acquisitions of Telcordia Technologies, Microsoft Mediaroom, Apcera, Inc. and Azuki Systems, Inc.; and
- separate divestitures of Applied Communication Sciences and Ericsson Federal Inc.
- KPS Capital Partners in its:
- $1.3 billion sale of Waupaca Foundry, Inc. to Hitachi Metals, Ltd.;
- acquisition of Anchor Glass Container Corporation;
- acquisitions by its portfolio company, International Equipment Solutions LLC of Saic do Brasil Ltda. in Brazil and CWS Industries (Mfg) Corp. in Canada; and
- acquisition of Waupaca Foundry, Inc. from ThyssenKrupp Budd Company.
- General Atlantic in its:
- acquisition and combination of two online brokerage firms, OptionsHouse, LLC and tradeMonster; and
- $2.7 billion sale of Gavilon Holdings LLC to Marubeni Corporation.
- NAV CANADA in its investment in Aireon, LLC, the developer of the world's first space-based global air traffic surveillance system.
- Intelsat in its formation of a South African joint venture and completion of a related $230 million project financing for a new satellite.
- Grain Management in its acquisition of wireless spectrum from AT&T and Verizon Wireless.