ProfessionalsJoyce S. Huang
Of counsel in the Litigation Department, Joyce Huang’s practice focuses on representing major corporations and prominent financial institutions in complex commercial, securities, and employment and lending discrimination matters.
Joyce's extensive experience includes litigation of individual actions on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, defense of nationwide class actions and multidistrict actions, and defense of mass actions involving thousands of individual claims. Joyce represents clients in federal and state courts and arbitrations across the country, as well as in related proceedings before federal and state regulatory authorities.
Significant representations include:
- a private equity fund before the Delaware Court of Chancery in an action arising out of the fund's successful acquisition of a portfolio company in a bidding war - the acquisition included the breakup of the plaintiff's prior merger agreement with the portfolio company;
- a major investment bank in an action concerning a private placement engagement - Joyce obtained dismissal at the motion to dismiss stage of plaintiff's claim for more than $250 million in alleged lost profits damages, which constituted the vast majority of plaintiff's claimed damages;
- a major European oil and gas company in a securities class action in U.S. federal court;
- a major financial institution in a very large group of matters arising out of research analyst reports relating to WorldCom and other telecommunications companies - the matters involved multiple multidistrict proceedings, class actions, and mass actions, and hundreds of individual actions;
- the audit committee of a public company board of directors in an internal investigation of alleged misconduct by senior executives; and
- a major corporation in a gender discrimination class action brought on behalf of a nationwide class of current and former employees.