ProfessionalsKyle J. Kimpler
The Paul, Weiss Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization Department serves as a critical advisor in almost every major, complex restructuring matter, helping companies, creditors and investors facing rapid market transformation respond to business challenges with comprehensive and innovative strategies. Diversity of matters and clients, senior-level attention and seamless delivery of multidisciplinary services distinguish the practice.
Kyle Kimpler is a partner in the firm’s Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization Department. He has broad experience advising clients in complex restructuring and bankruptcy cases, including secured creditors, ad hoc creditor committees, distressed investment funds, claim purchasers, and equity sponsors. Kyle has particular expertise in bankruptcy-related litigation and insolvency issues involving structured finance and derivative transactions.
Kyle’s recent representative matters include:
- Expro Holdings, a leading provider of well flow management services to the oil and gas industry, in its pre-packaged chapter 11 case;
- The ad hoc group of Puerto Rico General Obligation Bondholders in restructuring the $18 billion of Constitutional debt issued or guaranteed by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
- Citigroup and its affiliates worldwide in connection with prosecuting and defending claims arising from Lehman’s collapse;
- The second lien agent in the chapter 11 case and related fraudulent transfer litigation concerning Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation, an oil and natural gas exploration and production company;
- The ad hoc committee of first and second lien secured creditors in the pre-packaged chapter 11 case of Allen Systems Group, Inc., a provider of information technology management software solutions;
- The Citco Group of Companies in bankruptcy-related litigation and cross border insolvencies arising out of the collapse of the Fletcher Funds;
- An informal committee of certain holders of secured and unsecured notes of Chassix Holdings, Inc., in connection with Chassix’s restructuring through a pre-arranged chapter 11 case;
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in the restructuring and chapter 11 case of Southern Air Holdings, a leading air cargo carrier;
- Silver Point Capital, as prepetition and postpetition agent for lenders to Hostess Brands; and
- An ad hoc group of trade creditors in the chapter 11 case of Spansion Inc.
Kyle is recognized by The Legal 500 as a “Next Generation” lawyer in restructuring, and as a notable practitioner in structured finance: derivatives.