Michael Vogel is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. He regularly represents strategic and private equity investors in public and private acquisitions and investments, divestitures, joint ventures and carve-out transactions. Michael has significant experience with transactions in a broad cross-section of industries, including the media and entertainment, healthcare, technology, telecommunications, industrials and defense industries.
Michael's recent transactions include representing:
- The special committee of the CBS Corp. board of directors in CBS’s pending merger with Viacom to form ViacomCBS Inc.
- Ericsson in its global business and technology alliance with Cisco
- The Harris Corporation board of directors in Harris's merger of equals with L3 Technologies to form L3 Harris Technologies
- Harris Corporation in its sale of its government IT services business and in the activist campaign by JANA Partners
- Imagine Entertainment in connection with an investment in the company by The Raine Group
- Jeffrey Katzenberg in the sale of DreamWorks Animation to Comcast
- KPS Capital Partners in its pending acquisition by its portfolio company, Autokiniton Global Group, of Tower International; acquisition of DexKo Global; and investment in Electrical Components International
- Nuance Communications, Inc. in its spin-off of its automotive technology business and its sale of its Document Imaging division to Kofax, Inc.
- The special committee of the Pilgrim’s Pride board of directors in Pilgrim’s Pride’s acquisition of Moy Park from JBS
- Randstad Holding in its successful acquisition of Monster Worldwide, which was challenged by an entity affiliated with Alden Global Capital
- Spectrum Brands in its acquisitions of GloFish and PetMatrix
- Wellspring Capital Management in its acquisitions of AdvoServ, Help At Home, Inc., and Supply One; and its sales of its portfolio companies, Checkers & Rally Restaurants to Sentinel Capital Partners and Great Lakes Caring to Blue Wolf Capital Partners
- Universal American in its sale to WellCare Health Plans
Michael also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has advised individuals from underprivileged communities in their micro-entrepreneurial and artistic endeavors, individuals in various matters relating to immigration and citizenship, and individuals seeking to establish or grow non-profit organizations in the health and wellness sector.