Michael Vogel is a partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. He regularly represents strategic and private equity investors in public and private acquisitions and investments, divestitures, joint ventures and carve-out transactions. Michael has significant experience with transactions in a broad cross-section of industries, including the media and entertainment, healthcare, technology, telecommunications, industrials and defense industries.
Michael's recent transactions include representing:
- The special committee of the CBS Corp. board of directors in CBS’s merger with Viacom to form ViacomCBS Inc.
- Ericsson in its global business and technology alliance with Cisco
- The Harris Corporation board of directors in Harris's merger of equals with L3 Technologies to form L3 Harris Technologies
- Harris Corporation in its sale of its government IT services business and in the activist campaign by JANA Partners
- Imagine Entertainment in connection with an investment in the company by The Raine Group
- Jeffrey Katzenberg in the sale of DreamWorks Animation to Comcast
- KPS Capital Partners in the take private acquisition of Tower International by its portfolio company Autokiniton Global Group; its acquisition of DexKo Global; and its investment in Electrical Components International
- Nuance Communications, Inc. in its spin-off of its automotive technology business and its sale of its Document Imaging division to Kofax, Inc.
- The special committee of the Pilgrim’s Pride board of directors in Pilgrim’s Pride’s acquisition of Moy Park from JBS
- Randstad Holding in its successful acquisition of Monster Worldwide, which was challenged by an entity affiliated with Alden Global Capital
- Spectrum Brands in its acquisitions of GloFish and PetMatrix
- Wellspring Capital Management in its acquisitions of AdvoServ, Help At Home, Inc., and Supply One; and its sales of its portfolio companies, Checkers & Rally Restaurants to Sentinel Capital Partners and Great Lakes Caring to Blue Wolf Capital Partners
- Universal American in its sale to WellCare Health Plans
Michael also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has advised individuals from underprivileged communities in their micro‐entrepreneurial and artistic endeavors, individuals in various matters relating to immigration and citizenship, and individuals seeking to establish or grow non‐profit organizations in the health and wellness sector. Michael was recognized in Variety’s “Dealmakers List 2019,” which spotlights the top lawyers in the entertainment industry.