ProfessionalsRobert A. Killip
A partner in the Tax Department, Robert Killip regularly advises clients on a broad range of U.S. tax matters, including public and private company M&A transactions, joint ventures and debt and equity offerings. His practice also includes structuring transactions for investment funds and their portfolio companies, tax issues relating to financial products and financing arrangements.
Robert has advised clients on complex cross-border transactions, internal restructurings, tax-free reorganizations, spin-offs and bankruptcy and insolvency restructurings.
Robert’s private equity experience includes:
- General Atlantic and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including:
- in its strategic investment in Equality Health, an Arizona-based provider of technology, services and support for value-based care
- alongside Hg and IHS Markit, in its strategic investment in Gen II Fund Services, LLC, a New York-based independent private equity fund administrator.
- its acquisition of European Wax Center
- Too Faced Cosmetics, a California-based global beauty brand and a portfolio company of General Atlantic, in its $1.45 billion acquisition by The Estée Lauder Companies
- KPS Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including:
- its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in the Primary Products Business in North America and Latin America of Tate & Lyle PLC
- $3.4 billion sale of its portfolio company DexKo to Brookfield Business Partners
- sale of its portfolio company TaylorMade Golf Company to Centroid Investment Partners
- its approximately $2.7 billion acquisition of the Europe, Middle East and Africa food, aerosol and promotional packaging business from Crown Holdings
- its acquisition of the rod lift solutions unit of Lufkin from Baker Hughes and in Lufkin’ s acquisition of the North American Land Rod Lift Business of Schlumberger N.V.
- its acquisition of IKG from Harsco Corporation
- affiliate’s acquisition of Esterline Interface Technologies group of businesses from TransDigm Group
- its acquisition by its portfolio company, Autokiniton Global Group, of Tower International
- its acquisition of Howden from Colfax Corporation and Howden’s subsequent acquisition of Compressor Products International from EnPro Industries
- its acquisition of the fitness business of Brunswick Corporation, including the Life Fitness brand
- the sale of the attachments division of its portfolio company, International Equipment Solutions, to Stanley Black & Decker
- American & Efird in its acquisition by Platinum Equity Capital Partners
- its acquisition of DexKo Global and its affiliates
- Roark Capital Group in the merger of Pet Valu and Pet Supermarket, to create Pet Retail Brands and in the C$316 million initial public offering of Pet Valu Holdings
Robert’s M&A experience includes:
- Carrier Global Corporation in the proposed $3.1 billion sale of its Chubb fire and security business to APi Group Corporation
- Kraft Heinz in the sale of its natural, grated, cultured and specialty cheese businesses to Groupe Lactalis
- Reservoir Holdings in its approximately $788 million combination with Roth CH Acquisition II Co.
- Restaurant Brands International in its $1 billion acquisition of Firehouse Restaurant Group and its $1.8 billion acquisition of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Taylor Morrison Home Corporation in its $2.4 billion acquisition of William Lyon Homes
Robert’s capital markets experience includes:
- Rocket Companiesin its $2 billion initial public offering
- European Wax Center in its $207 million initial public offering
- Clear Secure in its $470 million initial public offering