ProfessionalsStephen C. Centa
Stephen C. Centa is counsel in the Corporate Department, and a member of the firm's Capital Markets and Canadian Practice Groups. Based in Toronto, he represents U.S. and Canadian issuers and investment banks in connection with a wide range of capital markets transactions, including public and private offerings of debt, equity and convertible securities. Mr. Centa's practice also includes advising U.S. and Canadian issuers with respect to U.S. federal securities laws, corporate governance and other corporate matters.
Examples of Mr. Centa's previous representations include:
- Teck Resources for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including offerings of debt securities;
- Granite Real Estate Investment Trust for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including offerings of equity securities;
- Turquoise Hill Resources for U.S. corporate and securities law matters, including offerings of equity securities;
- Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. for corporate and securities law matters, including its IPO and numerous public and private financings, including offerings of common stock, preferred stock and convertible debt securities;
- The underwriters in debt offerings by Enbridge, Husky Energy, TransCanada PipeLines, Banro Corporation, Manulife Financial, Rogers Communications, Talisman Energy, Atlantic Power Corporation, Connacher Oil and Gas, and Ironshore;
- The underwriters in equity offerings by TransCanada Corporation, Atlantic Power Corporation, Sprott Physical Gold Trust, Sprott Physical Silver Trust, Sprott Physical Platinum and Palladium Trust, Inmet Mining, Franco-Nevada Corporation, and Precision Drilling; and
- Issuers and dealer managers in connection with numerous exchange offers and tender offers for debt and equity securities.