- Learn More
Led by the nation’s foremost legal specialist on the intersection of artificial intelligence and the law, as well as world-class litigators and IP-focused lawyers fluent in the latest AI and machine-learning tools and their applications, our cross-departmental AI team is uniquely positioned to help clients mitigate potential legal and business risks in their use of AI-powered technologies, while safely taking advantage of the business opportunities presented by these powerful new tools.
Lightning-fast advances in AI and machine learning algorithms are revolutionizing the way business is done across a broad array of industries, including finance; insurance, life sciences and healthcare; and advertising and e-commerce, and are being used across business operations. But regulators and plaintiffs' lawyers are scrutinizing the use of such tools for potential disparate impacts, consumer privacy concerns and anticompetitive effects. We help boards and top management understand emerging regulatory concerns; establish appropriate parameters and guardrails in testing data-set models; and stay ahead of potential legal and regulatory repercussions. We also have extensive experience advising major corporations and investors on valuation, licensing and monetization of AI and machine-learning tools in the transactional context.
We offer proactive, holistic counsel on:
- Algorithmic bias, including with respect to advertising, ethical issues, regulatory scrutiny and consumer and class action litigation;
- The use of AI tools, such as pricing and subscription algorithms, including with respect to competition law;
- The use of generative AI, including with respect to emerging copyright infringement and regulatory concerns;
- Holistic review and impact assessments of AI and other transformational technology;
- Guidance on governance frameworks and regulatory compliance around AI and other digital assets; and
- AI and cybersecurity considerations