Cybersecurity & Data Protection
- Learn More
Amid urgent national security, cybersecurity and data privacy threats, companies require deeply experienced counsel to respond strategically to potentially crippling data incidents, so they can get back to business. Led by the nation’s leading legal advisors on national security and data-related regulatory matters, we help boards and top executives safely navigate high-impact breaches and related cyber incidents, and offer specialized regulatory advice in the transactional and compliance contexts.
Our representative engagements include:
- A major technology company in a holistic review of their compliance program, including policies, procedures, systems and personnel, including sanctions and export controls regarding their largest business vertical.
- A professional sports league in connection with advice on their response to a number of cyber intrusions, including the hacking of a social media feed.
- A publicly traded company in an SEC investigation concerning the use of cyberattacks to facilitate insider trading activity.
- An institution that was a victim of a cyber breach in connection with a criminal investigation being conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. Secret Service.
- Ruby Life Inc. (Ashley Madison) in connection with multidistrict class action lawsuits stemming from a highly publicized intrusion and data breach.
- General Atlantic, Brighton Park Capital, Roark, Oakhill Capital, Apollo, Golden Gate, Kohlberg and other private equity investors in connection with privacy and cybersecurity advice concerning hundreds of acquisitions and sales transactions, including transactions involving fintech, health care, cryptocurrency, consumer marketing, and national security-related businesses, and many other areas.
- Teladoc Health, Inc. a New York-based telemedicine and virtual healthcare company, in its proposed $18.5 billion acquisition of Livongo Health, Inc., a California-based Applied Health Signals company, including extensive diligence of Livongo’s data privacy policies and procedures.
- A financial institution in connection with the implementation of an insider threat program.