- Learn More
Employment disputes can have far-reaching implications for a company’s reputation, market share and ability to retain and attract talent. When the stakes are highest, employers, boards and senior executives turn to Paul, Weiss for our deft handling of internal investigations and track record of favorably resolving complex employment litigations.
- 21st Century Fox in litigation involving gender discrimination, sexual harassment and hostile work environment claims.
- Barnes & Noble in litigation related to the termination of its CEO, notably securing the dismissal of a $70 million defamation claim and the favorable settlement of all remaining claims.
- Citigroup in several matters, including in:
- securing the dismissal of a putative class action brought by current and former employees alleging that the non-compete provisions of their employment agreements violated California’s Unfair Competition Law (UCL); and
- the successful resolution of a putative nationwide class action alleging discrimination against female brokers in the distribution of client accounts, administrative support and partnership opportunities.
- Columbia University in claims brought by current and former students alleging violations of Title IX, Title VII and state and local laws based on gender discrimination, harassment and hostile work environment.
- Frederic Fekkai in litigations alleging employment discrimination and enforcement of employee restrictive covenants.
- IBM in winning an injunction at trial in a high-profile trade secrets case that prohibited a former senior executive from accepting a competing leadership position at a competing technology company. Paul, Weiss has represented IBM in numerous high-profile litigations and arbitrations regarding the enforcement of employee restrictive covenants, non-competition agreements and equity clawback contracts.
- NBC Universal in the favorable settlement of Rule 23 class and FLSA collective actions brought by Parking Production Assistants who worked on NBC Universal-produced films and television shows alleging violations of the FLSA and New York Labor Law.
- Prudential Insurance in securing favorable settlements and dismissals of claims brought by over 200 current and former employees alleging a conspiracy related to the prior resolution of their employment-related claims in an alternative dispute resolution process.
- SS&C Technologies in a putative wage-and-hour class and collective action alleging violations of the FLSA and state wage and hour laws based on employee classification and failure to pay overtime.
- A international investment firm in securing the dismissal, following a motion for judgment on the pleadings, of an age discrimination and retaliation lawsuit brought by a former executive.
- 21st Century Fox in government and internal investigations, including the internal investigation of sexual harassment claims against former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes and the investigation of claims related to former Fox News TV personality Bill O’Reilly.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health in an independent investigation and audit of policies and procedures regarding safety at the organization’s children’s behavioral health programs nationwide.
- The National Football League in a number of high-profile matters, including in an investigation regarding workplace conduct within the Miami Dolphins organization.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Trustees of Syracuse University in a review of the University’s response to a report that a former assistant coach of the men’s basketball team had been accused of sexual assault.
- A major tech e-commerce company in connection with sensitive internal investigations of employment-related claims.
- A Fortune 50 national retail chain in internal investigations involving allegations of employee misconduct and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- A Fortune 50 energy company in connection with an internal investigation regarding an executive’s discrimination and retaliation claims arising from a corporate merger.
- A multinational financial technology company in internal investigations regarding internal reporting of sexual harassment complaints and a sexual harassment allegation involving a senior executive.
- The former CEO of a regional U.S.-based bank in an board investigation concerning allegations of hostile work environment and regarding the bank’s handling of loan applications made pursuant to the PPP of the CARES Act.
- A private equity firm in connection with multiple internal investigations concerning its portfolio companies, including an internal investigation regarding workplace conduct at a restaurant and food service company; and an audit committee investigation into allegations of employee misconduct related to sexual harassment and the misuse of expense reports at a manufacturing and packaging products company.