An associate in the Restructuring Department, Alice focuses her practice on representing debtors, equity owners, creditors and other significant parties in connection with chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings and other insolvency-sensitive matters.
Alice’s recent representations include:
- Diamond Offshore Drilling, a leading provider of offshore drilling services, and 14 of its U.S. and foreign subsidiaries in their chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of Texas, which provided for the equitization of approximately $2.1 billion in senior unsecured note obligations and the provision of over $625 million of new capital
- TPG Global and EIG Management Company in an out-of-court restructuring of their equity investment in Jonah Energy Holdings, one of the largest privately-held natural gas producers in the U.S.
- An ad hoc group of second lien lenders of telecom company Ligado Networks in Ligado’s successful out-of-court restructuring of approximately $14 billion of liabilities and issuance of $2.85 billion of 15.5% PIK senior secured first lien notes and $1 billion of 17.5% PIK senior secured notes
- An ad hoc committee of unsecured noteholders of McDermott International, a fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry
- The County of Westchester in the chapter 11 case of Standard Amusements, operator of the Playland amusement park
- The equity sponsors of software company Sungard Availability Services, a provider of IT production and recovery services, in its prepackaged chapter 11 case, approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York less than 24 hours after the company filed for chapter 11 protection
- An ad hoc group of prepetition second lien lenders in the chapter 11 cases of FULLBEAUTY Brands, a preferred brand portfolio of plus-size women's clothing, swimsuits, accessories and home goods, and certain affiliates, which restructured more than $1.2 billion of prepetition debt through a prepackaged plan of reorganization approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York less than 24 hours after the company filed for chapter 11 protection
- HPS Investment Partners in all aspects of the chapter 11 cases of LBI Media, an American Spanish-language television network, and its affiliates, including providing debtor-in-possession financing and exit financing
- General Motors LLC (New GM), the purchaser of General Motors Corp, now known as Motors Liquidation Company (Old GM), in bankruptcy litigation related to a proposed settlement between a trust representing Old GM and plaintiffs asserting personal injury and economic loss claims arising from ignition switch and other alleged defects in recalled vehicles manufactured by Old GM
- An ad hoc committee of debtholders in the chapter 11 cases of Pacific Drilling, a leading international offshore drilling contractor with approximately $3 billion in indebtedness, and its affiliates
In addition, Alice’s debtor-side experience includes representations of Cumulus Media, Exco Resources, Toys “R” Us, Caesars Entertainment Operating Company and Payless ShoeSource.