An associate in the Restructuring Department, Alice Nofzinger focuses her practice on representing debtors, equity owners, creditor groups and distressed investors in a broad range of restructuring matters, including chapter 11 cases, cross-border insolvency matters, out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcy-related acquisitions.
Alice’s representative experience includes:
- Salem Harbor Power Development LP and certain of its affiliates, owner of a 674 MW gas fired combined cycle electric power generating facility located in Salem, Massachusetts, in their prearranged chapter 11 cases commenced on March 23, 2022 in the District of Delaware
- Diamond Offshore Drilling, a leading provider of offshore drilling services, and 14 of its U.S. and foreign subsidiaries, in their chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of Texas, which provided for the equitization of approximately $2.1 billion in senior unsecured note obligations and the provision of over $625 million of new capital
- General Motors LLC, the purchaser of substantially all of the assets of General Motors Corp (now known as Motors Liquidation Company) (“Old GM”), in litigation in the bankruptcy court related to a proposed settlement between a trust representing Old GM and plaintiffs asserting personal injury and economic loss claims arising from ignition switch and other alleged defects in vehicles manufactured by Old GM that were recalled in 2014
- An ad hoc group of second lien lenders of telecom company Ligado Networks in Ligado’s successful out-of-court restructuring of approximately $14 billion of liabilities and issuance of $2.85 billion of 15.5% PIK Senior Secured First Lien Notes due 2023 and $1 billion of 17.5% PIK Senior Secured Notes due 2024
- CHC Group, one of the largest providers of helicopter services, in connection with a comprehensive out-of-court refinancing of its capital structure involving a fully-consensual amendment and restatement of approximately $375 million of outstanding debt under the company’s existing first lien credit facility, a $55 million new money investment in the form of second lien term loans, and an exchange offer to uptier approximately $40.5 million of unsecured notes
- The County of Westchester in the chapter 11 case of Standard Amusements, the would-be operator of the Playland amusement park
- TPG Global and EIG Management Company in an out of court restructuring of their equity investment in Jonah Energy Holdings, one of the largest privately-held natural gas producers in the United States
- An ad hoc committee of unsecured noteholders of McDermott International, a fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry
- The equity sponsors of software company Sungard Availability Services, a provider of IT production and recovery services, in its prepackaged chapter 11 case, approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York less than 24 hours after the company filed for chapter 11 protection
- An ad hoc committee of senior secured noteholders of Gibson Brands, an iconic American manufacturer of guitars, other musical instruments and professional audio equipment, in the company’s prenegotiated chapter 11 case, including the negotiation of a prepetition restructuring support agreement and the provision of $135 million of debtor-in-possession financing
- An ad hoc committee of debtholders in the chapter 11 cases of Pacific Drilling, a leading international offshore drilling contractor with approximately $3 billion in indebtedness, and its affiliates, including in a plan-related mediation ordered by the Bankruptcy Court
- An ad hoc group of prepetition second lien lenders in the chapter 11 cases of FULLBEAUTY Brands, a preferred brand portfolio of plus-size women's clothing, swimsuits, accessories and home goods, and certain affiliates, which restructured more than $1.2 billion of prepetition debt through a prepackaged plan of reorganization that was approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York less than 24 hours after the company filed for chapter 11 protection
- HPS Investment Partners in all aspects of the chapter 11 cases of LBI Media, an American Spanish-language television network, and its affiliates, including in providing debtor-in-possession financing and exit financing
In addition, Alice’s debtor-side experience includes representations of Cumulus Media, Exco Resources, Toys “R” Us, Caesars Entertainment Operating Company and Payless ShoeSource.