A partner in the Financing Group of the Corporate Department, David Carmona has experience with various types of leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition financings, corporate recapitalizations and refinancings, high yield issuances, distressed debt purchases and restructurings, particularly in the context of cross-border transactions.
Mr. Carmona represents a number of private equity firms (including their portfolio companies) in financing-related matters. Additionally, he has experience in transactions involving multilateral development institutions in their lending in emerging markets.
Mr. Carmona built his main academic background in Spain, where he graduated in Law and in Economics and obtained a Master of Business Law. Thereafter, Mr. Carmona joined the Barcelona Bar and practiced in the fields of tax, mergers and acquisitions and antitrust law in Barcelona, Madrid and Brussels, respectively. Mr. Carmona was the recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship to further his legal studies in the United States.
David has been involved in various matters involving Apollo Global Management LLC and their various portfolio companies, including Lumileds Holding B.V., Aurum Group, Vectra Co., Hexion LLC, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Novitex Acquisition, LLC, Jupiter Resources Inc., Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. and Talos Production LLC.
David also works with the firm's other private equity clients on a variety of corporate financings and with certain of the firm's long-standing public clients, such as Revlon Inc. and The Wendy's Company.
David’s recent financing experience includes advising:
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC in the $1.35 billion senior secured credit facilities in connection with its acquisition of Lumileds, one of the largest suppliers of LED components and automotive lighting.
- Aurum Group, a retailer of luxury watches and jewelry, in the raise of £265 million from a first-ever issuance of senior secured notes due 2023, a £40 million super-senior asset-based lending facility in the UK and a $60 million asset-based lending facility in the U.S.
- Gestamp, an automotive components company, in its €400 million offering of senior secured notes due 2026 and the restatement of its Senior Facilities Agreement, comprised of term loan and revolving credit facilities in an aggregate principal amount of approximately €1.1 billion.
- Roark Capital Group in the financing for the acquisition of International Car Wash Group, a car wash group with operations across Europe as well as the U.S. and Australia, from TDR Capital LLP, the London-based private equity firm, which included first lien and second lien secured credit facilities in the amount of $475 million and $175 million, respectively.
- Funds managed by Gamut Capital Management, L.P. in its investment in International Automotive Components Group S.A., a Luxembourg-based global supplier of automotive components and systems.