Hilary Christian is counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the Finance Group. She represents issuers, underwriters, sponsors and other financial institutions in structured finance transactions involving a variety of asset classes, including whole-business and other esoteric securitization and asset-backed structures. Hilary also represents domestic and international clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting complex over-the-counter derivatives transactions; and advises clients on the legal, compliance and regulatory requirements of the Dodd-Frank Act applicable to derivatives transactions, and on market-driven changes to documentation and trading practices.
Hilary has extensive experience advising clients on matters related to derivatives and structured products, including investment funds and financial institutions such as Apollo Global Management, Atlas Merchant Capital, Citigroup, KPS Capital, Oak Hill Advisors, Oaktree Capital Management and PointState Capital. Her practice focuses on OTC derivatives transactions and comprehensive derivatives documentation infrastructures, including ISDA Master Agreements and collateral arrangements, derivatives clearing documentation, repurchase agreements, master confirmation agreements, prime brokerage relationships, distressed debt trading documentation and participation agreements from both the dealer and end-user perspectives.
Hilary also represents clients in connection with their securitization transactions, including:
- Barclays Capital in several significant securitizations, including the issuance of secured tower revenue notes by Vertical Bridge, the largest private owner and manager of communication infrastructure in the U.S.
- dick clark productions in connection with the issuance of $340 million of notes backed by revenues from the future production of five annual live event television programs: Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, the American Music Awards, the American Country Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, and the Golden Globes
- RBC Capital Markets as the initial purchaser in connection with the issuance by certain subsidiaries of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group (BVI) Limited
- Roark Capital Group in several transactions, including whole-business securitizations for Driven Brands, Inc., a leading franchisor and operator of aftermarket automobile services and parts distribution centers, and CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc., the owner, operator, and franchiser of quick-service restaurants
- SBA Communications, one of the largest wireless cell tower operators in the Western hemisphere, in several issuances of Secured Tower Revenue Securities totaling over $5 billion since 2014