ProfessionalsJeffrey J. Recher
A partner in the Litigation Department, Jeff Recher handles complex commercial litigation, as well as internal and other corporate investigations, across a range of subject matters. Jeff focuses his practice on civil litigation, and has substantial experience representing clients, including at trial and in arbitrations, in connection with disputes involving antitrust, securities, bankruptcy, M&A and other complex commercial transactions.
Jeff’s recent representations include:
- News Corporation and its affiliate News America Marketing in an antitrust class action brought by customers of in-store marketing products that sought hundreds of millions of dollars in damages, as well as in a competitor action alleging claims of monopolization and exclusive dealing.
- JPMorgan Chase’s investment management division in the trials, and subsequent favorable resolution, of multiple lawsuits alleging billions of dollars in damages arising out of fiduciary duty and other claims relating to the decline in value of subprime and other debt securities.
- A major investment bank in the trial, and favorable resolution, of securities claims alleging misrepresentations of the bank's financial condition.
- An ad hoc group of holders of secured notes issued by the holding company that owns Toys “R” Us’s international business in litigation matters relating to the cross-border restructuring of Toys “R” Us and certain affiliates.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation in the successful defense of shareholder derivative litigation in Delaware relating to an acquisition, leading to the voluntary dismissal of the plaintiffs’ claims against the Special Committee members.
Jeff earned his B.A. from Johns Hopkins University, with honors, and his J.D. from Cornell Law School, cum laude, where he was an editor of the Cornell Law Review.