A counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Finance Group, Mikhel Schecter represents financial institutions, private equity sponsors and major corporations in connection with specialized finance structures and securitization and asset-backed finance. She regularly advises clients in connection with securitizations involving esoteric assets such as cell towers, PACE loans, film rights, intellectual property royalties and restaurant and other franchised business revenues. She also has extensive experience representing institutional investors in private placement transactions and is an active member of the American College of Investment Counsel.
Mikhel’s representations include:
- Roark Capital Group a private equity firm, in multiple whole-business financings for its portfolio companies.
- The underwriters in in issuances totaling $557 million of secured tower revenue notes by Vertical Bridge, the largest private owner and manager of communication infrastructure in the U.S.
- The underwriters, in several issuances by GoodGreen Trusts, affiliates of Ygrene Energy Fund Inc., totaling over $1.7 billion of notes backed by payments on residential and commercial property assessed clean energy (PACE) bonds and special tax liens issued since 2016.
- SBA Communications one of the largest wireless cell tower operators in the Western hemisphere, in several issuances of Secured Tower Revenue Securities totaling over $4 billion since 2014.
- Apollo Global Management, Inc., a leading alternative investment manager, in the issuance of $325 million aggregate principal amount of 4.77% Series A Senior Secured Guaranteed Notes due 2039 secured by a lien on Apollo’s participation interests in the rights to distributions in relation to a portfolio of equity investments owned by affiliates of Apollo in certain existing and future funds managed or advised by subsidiaries of Apollo.
- Major investment banks, as underwriters, in connection with Adams Outdoor Advertising Limited Partnership’s $355 million offering of securitized billboard revenue notes, $505 million whole-business securitization backed by advertising structures and related permits, and $450 million refinancing of existing securitization facilities.
- An underwriter in the issuance of $160 million secured tower revenue notes by Diamond Communications, one of the largest privately-owned tower and wireless infrastructure companies in the U.S.
- Barclays Capital in connection with a securitized warehouse valued at up to $100 million, backed by technology and life science venture capital loans.