A partner in the Corporate Department, Sarah Stasny is a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group and a member of the Private Equity Group. Sarah’s practice focuses on private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in connection with acquisitions and investments, divestitures, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and other corporate matters. Her clients include many of the leading private equity and hedge funds, as well as pension plans, in connection with their investments.
Sarah’s representative private equity sponsor and portfolio company engagements have included:
- Altas Partners in:
- its investment in HUB International Limited
- its $400 million acquisition of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- its acquisition of St. George’s University
- its acquisition of Capital Vision Services, LP, which operates under the MyEyeDr. brand
- American Securities LLC in:
- its acquisition of Metaldyne LLC
- its acquisition of HHI Holdings, LLC
- its acquisition of Specialty Care
- Avista Capital Partners in:
- its acquisition of ZEST Anchors, Inc. and ZEST Anchors’ follow-on acquisition of Danville Materials, LLC
- its acquisition of Top-Co, Inc.
- its sale of BioReliance Holdings, Inc.
- its acquisitions, together with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, of INC Research and Kendle International
- EQT Infrastructure in:
- its acquisition of Osmose Utilities Services, Inc.
- its acquisition of WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems
- its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in:
- its acquisition of Kele, Inc.
- its acquisition of Cascade Environmental Holdings
- its acquisition of Teasdale Foods, Inc.
- its acquisition of FeraDyne Outdoors, LLC
- Trilantic North America in:
- its acquisition of Taymax Group Holdings LLC, a leading Planet Fitness franchisee
- its acquisition of Sunbelt Transformer
- its investment in Asset Plus Companies
- Two Sigma in:
- its investment in Great Rock Capital
- its investment in Starz Real Estate
- connection with equity investments in Wings Capital Partners
- its investment in Capital Automotive Financial
- Nortek in its acquisitions of the heating, ventilation and cooling products business of Thomas & Betts Corporation and 2GIG Technologies
- Providence Equity Partners in its investment in The Chernin Group and as part of an investor group in the acquisition of Q9 Networks
- York Capital Management in its acquisition of Mode Transportation LLC
- Direct ChassisLink, Inc. (DCLI) in its acquisition of TRAC Intermodal’s fleet of domestic chassis and related customer and hosting contracts with railroads and intermodal shipping companies
- Pharm-Olam International, Ltd. in Quad-C Management, Inc.’s investment in Pharm-Olam
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC and its portfolio company Milacron in Milacron’s follow-on acquisition of Mold-Masters Limited
- Centerbridge Partners in its substantial minority investment in Syncreon Holdings Limited
- HM Capital Partners in its acquisition of a 70% stake in Earthbound Farm
- Kainos Capital in its sale of Earthbound Farm to The WhiteWave Foods Company
- FeraDyne in its follow-on acquisition of Field Logic, Inc.
- Cascade in its follow-on acquisition of TerraTherm, Inc.
Representative pension plan engagements have included:
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in:
- its pending major investment in Allied Universal
- its acquisition, together with Brookfield Business Solutions, of the Power Solutions business from Johnson Controls International plc
- OMERS Private Equity in:
- its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- its acquisition of United States Infrastructure Corp.
- its acquisition of Document Technologies Holdings
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisitions of Heartland Dental Care, Inc. and PhyMed Management LLC
Sarah has been recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global in the Private Equity: Buyouts area. She was named to M&A Advisor’s ‘40 Under 40’ list of top M&A professionals in 2015, and was recognized as an M&A ‘Rising Star’ by Texas Super Lawyers in 2012.