ProfessionalsLindsay B. Parks
Lindsay Parks is a partner in the Tax Department, where she advises clients on a range of transactional matters. She regularly counsels investment funds and strategic clients in the negotiation and structuring of a broad range of international and domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, carve-outs, restructurings, fund formation and complex debt and equity offerings.
Lindsay’s private equity and investment funds experience includes:
- General Atlantic and its portfolio companies in several transactions, including:
- its investment in Creative Planning, a Kansas-based independent wealth management firm;
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Morphe Holdings, a California-based global beauty company, alongside existing investor Summit Partners and co-founders Chris and Linda Tawil;
- its investment in Landmark Health, a California-based provider of in-home, risk-based medical care;
- its acquisition of European Wax Center, a Florida-based beauty lifestyle brand franchise; and
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Invoice Cloud, Inc., a Massachusetts-based Software as a Service provider of vertical software, billing and payments solutions.
- Apollo Global Management and its portfolio companies in several transactions, including:
- its approximately $1.6 billion acquisition of Outerwall, Inc., a Washington-based provider of automated retail solutions; and
- in connection with portfolio company ecoATM, an automated kiosk direct-to-consumer electronic device trade-in company, in its $200 million sale of a minority stake to Cowen Sustainable Advisors, a division of Cowen Inc.
- Kohlberg & Company, L.L.C. and its portfolio companies in several transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Nelipak Corporation, Inc., a Rhode Island-based provider of custom medical packaging, from Mason Wells;
- its acquisition of three European packaging plants from Bemis Healthcare Packaging Europe, a business unit of Amcor plc, an Australia-based packaging developer; and
- in connection with portfolio company Interstate Hotels & Resorts, a Virginia-based resort and hotel management company, in its merger with Aimbridge Hospitality, a Texas-based hotel management company.
- Brookfield Capital Partners LLC, in its acquisition of a 50% stake of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice's ownership interest in BrandSafway, a Georgia-based provider of infrastructure services to industrial and commercial facilities with an enterprise value of $6.7 billion.
- Ares Management L.P., alongside Oaktree Capital, in their combined $180 million investment in Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives, Inc., an Indiana-based infrastructure construction company with specialized energy and heavy civil expertise and a focus on renewable energy projects.
- Softbank Investment Advisors, in an investment of up to $1 billion in Rappi, a Colombia-based on-demand delivery provider.
- Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, a California-based technology provider of software and services to the entertainment production industry and a portfolio company of Silver Lake, in its sale to The EQT VIII fund.
Other investment funds clients include HPS Investment Partners, KKR, Searchlight, Värde Partners and Wellspring Capital.
Lindsay’s restructuring experience includes:
- TPG Capital, a California based private equity investment firm, in the prearranged chapter 11 proceedings of its portfolio company, J.Crew Group, Inc., an internationally recognized omni-channel retailer of women's, men's and children's apparel, shoes and accessories. The prenegotiated restructuring support agreement includes, among other items, the equitization of approximately $1.65 billion of secured debt.
- An ad hoc committee of senior secured noteholders of Gibson Brands, Inc., an iconic American manufacturer of guitars, other musical instruments and professional audio equipment, in the company’s prenegotiated chapter 11 case, including the negotiation of a prepetition restructuring support agreement and the provision of $135 million of debtor-in-possession financing.
- Performance Sports Group, a leading developer and manufacturer of sports equipment and apparel with products marketed under the BAUER, MISSION, MAVERIK and EASTON brand names, among others, as U.S. counsel in its complex U.S. and Canadian bankruptcy cases, including the going concern sale of its business to a third party stalking horse bidder.
Lindsay’s real estate experience includes:
- A joint venture between Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III, Inc., a California-based real estate investment trust (REIT), and NorthStar Healthcare Income, Inc., a Colorado-based REIT, in its $1.125 billion acquisition of Trilogy Investors LLC, a Kentucky-based owner-operator of purpose-built integrated senior healthcare campuses.
- Simon Property Group, Inc., an Indiana-based retail real estate ownership, management and development company, in its $3.6 billion acquisition of an 80% ownership interest in The Taubman Realty Group Limited Partnership, the operating partnership of Taubman Centers, Inc. with an enterprise value of approximately $9.85 billion.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Trustees of First Real Estate Investment Trust of New Jersey (FREIT), a New Jersey-based real estate developer, in its $266.5 million sale of seven apartment properties to an affiliate of Kushner Companies, a New York-based real estate developer.
Lindsay’s media and entertainment experience includes:
- Endeavor, in several transactions, including:
- the merger of Learfield, a leading provider of integrated marketing solutions in college sports, with IMG College, a subsidiary of WME IMG;
- its acquisition of Ultimate Fighting Championship, a Nevada-based professional mixed martial arts (MMA) organization; and
- along with private equity partner Silver Lake Partners, in their $2.4 billion acquisition of IMG Worldwide, a leading sports and media talent agency.
- Boat Rocker Media, a Canada-based global entertainment company, in several transactions, including:
- its investment in Untitled Entertainment, a New York-based talent management and production company; and
- its acquisition of Matador Content, a New York-based full-service production company.
- Authentic Brands Group LLC, a New York-based brand development, marketing and entertainment company, alongside DSW Inc., an Ohio-based footwear and accessories retailer, in its acquisition of a majority stake in the intellectual property of the proprietary brands of the Camuto Group, a Connecticut-based designer, developer and distributer of fashion footwear, accessories and apparel.