skip to main content

Our M&A lawyers are among the most experienced and effective in the world. We represent many of the world's largest publicly traded and privately held companies, as well as leading private equity firms, hedge funds, financial advisors and other financial institutions and investors on their most important merger, acquisitions and takeover transactions.

Teladoc Acquires Livongo in $18.5 Billion Deal

Paul, Weiss advised Teladoc Health, the global leader in virtual care, in its acquisition of Livongo, the leading Applied Health Signals company, in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $18.5 billion. The combination of these highly complementary leaders in virtual care and chronic condition management represents a transformational opportunity to improve the delivery, access and experience of healthcare worldwide.

Immediately following the closing of the transaction, Teladoc shareholders owned approximately 58% of the combined company, while former Livongo shareholders owned the remaining 42%. The combined company is expected to have more than $1.3 billion in pro forma revenue in 2020, representing year-over-year pro forma growth of 85%.

The Paul, Weiss team included corporate partners Scott Barshay, Laura Turano, Manuel Frey, Caith Kushner and John Kennedy and counsel Patricia Vaz de Almeida; intellectual property partner Jonathan Ashtor; tax partner Robert Holo; employee benefits partner Jean McLoughlin and counsel Jarrett Hoffman; real estate partner Peter Fisch; litigation partners Charles Rule and Audra Soloway and counsel Steven Herzog; and antitrust counsel Yuni Sobel.

October 30, 2020

© 2020 Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP

Privacy Policy