The Operations Team contributes to the success of Paul, Weiss by using our talents to inspire one another, work collaboratively, and develop innovative solutions that deliver exceptional service to our clients.
Excellence. We plan, execute and innovate effectively to deliver performance and results that far surpass the ordinary in everything we do.
- Produce high quality, error free and timely work
- Go above and beyond to determine the best way to achieve desired outcomes and results
- Look for opportunities, offer suggestions and implement appropriate improvements
- Be passionate about our jobs and the support and services we deliver
- Be willing to fail and allow failure as part of the innovation process
Customer Focus. We treat every interaction with clients and colleagues as a priority, regardless of position, status or title.
- Help our clients exceed the expectations of their clients
- Anticipate client needs
- Keep the best interests of our clients in mind when defining our goals
- Set and manage client expectations
- Be thoughtful and appreciate the demands and constraints under which our clients are operating
Respect. We treat each other in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be thoughtful, considerate and supportive of our colleagues
- Actively listen to what the others are saying
- Be open to different ideas and viewpoints – value and embrace the concepts, opinions and ideas of others
- Engage in open and honest communication
- Address issues directly and forthrightly with each other
Diversity & Inclusion. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Respect the varied cultures and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization
- Embrace the value of different backgrounds and points of view
- Create and support an inclusive environment
- Treat others the way they want to be treated
- Be committed to the hiring, development and success of people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Collaboration. We demonstrate and encourage working together within and across functions.
- Work together to achieve common goals
- Create an environment where everyone is comfortable contributing and seeking ideas, regardless of their role in the organization
- Include all stakeholders in the decision making process
- Work effectively with individuals and teams outside of our own and to break down silos
- Develop and maintain relationships across departments
Accountability. We accept responsibility for our actions and our outcomes.
- Deliver agreed-upon results within the agreed-upon time frame
- Act with integrity, honesty & ethics
- Hold each other to our commitments
- Recognize the actions & contributions of others
- Own up to mistakes, offer corrective measures and use the experience as a learning opportunity
Professional Growth. We are committed to the continuous learning, coaching & mentoring of our colleagues, as well as taking responsibility for our own growth and development.
- Recognize that to be the best, we need to continually learn and grow
- As managers and leaders, actively coach and mentor staff; as individuals, be open to coaching
- Share knowledge with each other
- Encourage and participate in professional development opportunities at the individual, team and firm level
- Proactively seek development both in our areas of subject matter expertise and competencies, such as problem solving and communication