ProfessionalsRyan D. Blicher
Ryan Blicher is an associate in the Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group. Ryan focuses his practice primarily on advising global private equity firms on large-cap acquisitions and leveraged buyouts, and public companies on high-profile cross-border and domestic M&A transactions, and hostile takeover and shareholder activism defense. Ryan also regularly counsels a number of the largest and most sophisticated companies and their boards of directors on a broad range of corporate governance matters affecting policy, strategy and crisis management.
Ryan’s representative clients include affiliates of Apollo Global Management; Qualcomm; ADT; Carnival Cruise Line; Norwegian Cruise Line; Fortress Investment Group; Oak Hill Capital Partners; Searchlight Capital Partners.
Ryan has advised global private equity firms and public companies on numerous high-profile, multibillion-dollar transactions. Ryan’s recent representations include:
PRIVATE EQUITY TRANSACTIONS
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. in its:
- $2.2 billion acquisition of Diamond Resorts International, Inc.;
- $1.6 billion acquisition of Outerwall, Inc.;
- $1 billion acquisition of Vectra Co. (fka OM Group, Inc.);
- investment in Cimpress plc; and
- acquisition of Phoenix Services LLC
- Searchlight Capital Partners, LP in its acquisition, alongside ForgeLight LLC, of a majority stake in Univision Holdings, Inc.
- JPW Industries, Inc., an affiliate of funds managed by Gamut Capital Management, L.P., in its acquisition of Baileigh Industrial Holdings, Inc.
PUBLIC COMPANY TRANSACTIONS
- Qualcomm Incorporated in its proposed $47 billion acquisition of NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Principals of Fortress in connection with the sale of Fortress Investment Group to SoftBank Group
- ADT Inc., a portfolio company of funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, Inc., in its $381 million acquisition of Defenders Inc.
PRIVATE COMPANY TRANSACTIONS
- MidCap Financial in its $3.6 billion acquisition of loans managed by Mubadala GE Capital, a joint venture lending business between General Electric Capital Corporation and Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Development Company
Ryan is also active in pro bono work and the community. He chairs the Advisory Board of the New York Legal Assistance Group and devotes many hours each year to pro bono work, including Paul Weiss’ immigration, refugees & asylum representations in partnership with the ACLU, and advising small businesses and nonprofit organizations. Ryan also volunteers his time and experience to train law school students from top law schools in M&A.